• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Delta Flight Museum off-limits

A bit unrelated, but I heard something very odd about Delta this past weekend. A guy in my Guard unit is a TSA agent in civilian life. He told me that in the Atlanta airport, it is very odd to see a muslim fly Delta. By far, most of them are in the south terminal flying the other airlines. I don't know what to make of that, but I told him that someone should be looking into that peculiar fact.

A bit unrelated, but I heard something very odd about Delta this past weekend. A guy in my Guard unit is a TSA agent in civilian life. He told me that in the Atlanta airport, it is very odd to see a muslim fly Delta. By far, most of them are in the south terminal flying the other airlines. I don't know what to make of that, but I told him that someone should be looking into that peculiar fact.

Delta was involved with a nasty campaign to try to stop Emirates Airlines from gaining a foothold in Atlanta. Maybe some fallout from that.

Okay, new question. Who’s a “transportation enthusiast”?
I was a pilot and air traffic controller and my father and grandfather worked for the railroad so I enjoy the history behind transportation be it a train, airline or car museum. Before Delta, Eastern was the big dog and flying once was a very high class event. People wore suits and dresses and were served on china with silverware. Today it’s an airborne Greyhound bus especially on low budgets like Spirit and Frontier.

I guess if you like planes, trains and automobiles you would be a transportation enthusiasts. And the movie was good too.;)

I was a pilot and air traffic controller and my father and grandfather worked for the railroad so I enjoy the history behind transportation be it a train, airline or car museum. Before Delta, Eastern was the big dog and flying once was a very high class event. People wore suits and dresses and were served on china with silverware. Today it’s an airborne Greyhound bus especially on low budgets like Spirit and Frontier.

I guess if you like planes, trains and automobiles you would be a transportation enthusiasts. And the movie was good too.;)
That was a good movie.

I still wear at least a sports jacket every time I fly, to show respect for the institution of flight and the crew. Each time I'm in an airport terminal, no matter where, it seems the prevailing dress code teeters closer and closer to the "total slob / just got out of bed" look. Makes me wonder, do these people not own mirrors?

Delta was involved with a nasty campaign to try to stop Emirates Airlines from gaining a foothold in Atlanta. Maybe some fallout from that.
I remember hearing some radio commercials calling out one of the Middle East airlines for human rights violations a few years ago. I wonder if that was it.

I still wear at least a sports jacket every time I fly, to show respect for the institution of flight and the crew. Each time I'm in an airport terminal, no matter where, it seems the prevailing dress code teeters closer and closer to the "total slob / just got out of bed" look. Makes me wonder, do these people not own mirrors?
If you’re wearing a sports coat to Costa Rica, you need to get your priorities straight. :boink:

Back before Georgia Carry.Org was founded, before that new grassroots gun rights organization pushed to change Georgia's laws to be more favorable for citizens to carry, a lot of places around the airport would be off-limits even to permit holders.

There was, and still is, a major felony law banning any guns at an interstate transportation terminal, which obviously included commercial passenger terminals
(at least up until Georgia passed a new law specific to large-scale commercial airports. Now arguably the new more specific law has, regarding the ATL airport, replaced and mooted the old and overly-broad law regarding all sorts of transportation terminals).

But several years ago that anti-gun law itself was modified to say that there is an exception for GWL holders. But those who don't have a permit and rely on the fact that you can generally carry a loaded gun in your car as you drive around in Georgia without a permit will be in trouble if they drive their car onto airport property, just like they would if they drove their car onto school property.

Other laws in Georgia's code books have been modified to allow GWL holders to either carry their guns at airports or at least leave them locked in the car on airport property.

Taken together, the sum of all these recent (last 8 years) modifications to Georgia's gun laws DEMONSTRATES a very clear public policy shift favoring armed citizens with permits to be able to carry their guns in more places and even where they can't carry them, they can leave them locked in their car when they're at that specific place.

Delta should note the sea change in our state's gun laws and modify their company policy accordingly.

Delta's anti-gun corporate policy regarding airport property was perfectly in alignment with Georgia's laws as they existed from the early 1970's until about 2010, but since then a lot has changed, and Delta's policy should too.

Back
Top Bottom