• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Democrats Plan to Pursue Most Aggressive Gun-Control Legislation in Decades.

I thought the Waco was going to be the spark but that was what 25 years ago?

Waco was too easy to demonize in the court of public opinion. Nobody is going to en masse take up arms to support perceived religious nutjobs where only the leader got to have sex and does so with young girls. Not saying that was the situation just that that was the situation successfully portrayed. For anything to happen gov will have to screw up much more royally than that and we will have to do a much better job influencing the public conversation. Probably have to combine it with a severe curtailing of standard of living as well. Nobody's getting off the couch in numbers while they have nice 3 hots and a cot, a good job, their family is happy, and life is relatively easy. And too easy to demonize small numbers in court of public opinion when the media is corrupt. Unfortunately, I dont see people getting angry beyond rhetoric for what must seem like abstract philosophical points to most.

The point of my posting this is to try to encourage people to contact their elected representatives, both state and national. Make them aware that you are following their actions and that you vote accordingly.

As I said earlier their main goal is to be re-elected. Let’s face it they have a pretty good gig going and once they get used to they do not want to give it up.

They definitely do not follow discussions on firearm oriented forums. :shocked:

They are not wasting anytime, attacking the 2A, and we will also attack the Child Birth Citizenship BS. its also a good thing we have Control of the Senate, Nevertheless i saw really not happy as dems now own the House.

Bloomberg is making a run in 2020 and gun control will be his main topic.

He donated almost $100 million to the Dems to 'win the House', and this is his payback. He will throw billions, with a capital "B", at gun control and lots will go to House Dems to get the legislation rolling.

They know they can't get it past the Senate (probably?) or a Trump veto (maybe?) but that's OK. They just want the Senate, or better yet Trump, to be the ones to shoot down 'common sense gun control legislation'.

This will give Bloomberg a rallying cry in 2020 to get his campaign off the ground.

Bloomberg is making a run in 2020 and gun control will be his main topic.

He donated almost $100 million to the Dems to 'win the House', and this is his payback. He will throw billions, with a capital "B", at gun control and lots will go to House Dems to get the legislation rolling.

They know they can't get it past the Senate (probably?) or a Trump veto (maybe?) but that's OK. They just want the Senate, or better yet Trump, to be the ones to shoot down 'common sense gun control legislation'.

This will give Bloomberg a rallying cry in 2020 to get his campaign off the ground.

This, unfortunately, is the most likely scenario in my opinion. The only thing I can see screwing it up is that the extreme progressive types do not like Bloomberg, particularly his allowing the NYPD to use "stop and frisk".

It's a weird place for me. I believe "stop and frisk" is a clear violation of the 4th amendment but here I am hoping his support of it will anger the lefties enough to deny him the 2020 nomination to save the 2nd. God, please grant me a presidential candidate that supports the entire Constitution.

This, unfortunately, is the most likely scenario in my opinion. The only thing I can see screwing it up is that the extreme progressive types do not like Bloomberg, particularly his allowing the NYPD to use "stop and frisk".

It's a weird place for me. I believe "stop and frisk" is a clear violation of the 4th amendment but here I am hoping his support of it will anger the lefties enough to deny him the 2020 nomination to save the 2nd. God, please grant me a presidential candidate that supports the entire Constitution.

It'll be interesting to see how the split between Progressives and the Old Guard will change (or not) the Democratic party.

You're right that the Progressives would never accept Bloomie, even with the billions he can throw down for the election. I was listening to "Freakonomics" the other day when they were talking elections, and all the money spent by all sides in 2016 was $16 billion. He could double that and still be a multi-billionaire.

The Old Guard like Pelosi and Feinstein would welcome him with open arms though, especially of he went with someone 'safe' like Biden for a running mate.

I think we'll get a preview of the 2020 dynamic when Pelosi makes her bid for Speaker of the House. The Progressives didn't do well enough to take over the party, or give Dems complete control of the House. But they are still a decent sized bloc when it comes to internal affairs like that.

If the Old Guard wins that shootout, and I think they will, I would expect the Bloomberg train to start chugging along to 2020.

Back
Top Bottom