• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deodorant

Burdy

Default rank 5000+ posts
ODT Co-Founder
Forum Owner
260   0
Reaction score
I feel like I have pretty much every aspect of my hunting gear squared away except for this one. When it comes to scent control, unscented or hunting type deodorants, they last all of about 10 minutes before I smell like I never put any on in the first place. In the normal real world, I wear Old Spice Soft Solid, which I believe is the only soft solid deodorant still around and it works for 24-48 hours easily, but smells fruity or cologne-y or whatever. Any suggestions?

I’ve always had great luck with the standard scent killer or dead down wind brand. I’m one of those guys that sweats profusely no matter what, but it still has worked for me and keeps the smell away. I do slather it on thick though... Not sure what else you might try. Maybe try some arm and hammer baking powder on top of the deodorant.

118CC918-4DFD-4587-A826-9EB89D085238.jpeg
Deodorant is a waste of money and the aluminum ain’t good for you at all.

Just buy yerself a big bag of baking soda and a big bottle of paraben free castor oil.

Put some baking soda in a little dish then stir in just enough oil to hold it together and you’ll have healthy Unscented deodorant. Dirt cheep.

And if you want to detox all the old deodorant out from your armpits just slather a bunch of straight castor oil into your pits. You’ll smell like a taco for a couple of days then you won’t smell much at all.

View attachment 1421433 Deodorant is a waste of money and the aluminum ain’t good for you at all.

Just buy yerself a big bag of baking soda and a big bottle of paraben free castor oil.

Put some baking soda in a little dish then stir in just enough oil to hold it together and you’ll have healthy Unscented deodorant. Dirt cheep.

And if you want to detox all the old deodorant out from your armpits just slather a bunch of straight castor oil into your pits. You’ll smell like a taco for a couple of days then you won’t much smell at all.
Deodorant with aluminum has been linked to causing alzheimer's disease

Or you could closely trim or shave that armpit afro and scrub it with a deodorant soap and brush?:shocked:

Are any of y'all familiar with what a billy goat smells like?:wacko:
Do you know why they smell worse when it rains?:doh:
Hair absorbs odors that aren't really noticeable until the humidity rises.:doh:

Deer have never had a problem with me wearing old spice pure sport. I've had big nanny does and bucks walk up from down wind and get within arms 10 feet of me and not notice me. But I do usually wear a couple layers of clothes and spray down with either decode or dead down wind and spray the armpit area.

Back
Top Bottom