• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Designer pistol for the discerning ladies of means

GFB

Default rank 5000+ posts
. . .
24   0
Reaction score
The Sig P365XL Rose is part of a line of pistols packaged up like a designer handbag. Lena Miculek is backing it to get more women interested in shooting, she says. This might be the girliest handgun marketing ever. Maybe that's the point. If it gets more women interested in shooting, then it's a great idea. Not sure if they're going to take to it though. What say you?

p365xl-9-rose-feature-3.jpg

Heart's in the right place but I don't think this will do as well as hoped.
Yeah it's a bunch of hype/fluff/packaging. If women want it and can afford it then by all means have at it. But when all is said and done it's a pistol not a Micheal Kors handbag. Whatever accessories come along with it surely ain't worth the added expense. I mean how often are they gonna go back and look at the package? I have half a dozen guns here with boxes I need to throw out. But I just know some asshole will want a damn box in a trade deal.

I have half a dozen guns here with boxes I need to throw out. But I just know some asshole will want a damn box in a trade deal.
Off-topic but I would be said asshole. I will blame it on my time messing around with high-end audio equipment. You can properly demand more money with the original packaging.

Yeah it's a bunch of hype/fluff/packaging. If women want it and can afford it then by all means have at it. But when all is said and done it's a pistol not a Micheal Kors handbag. Whatever accessories come along with it surely ain't worth the added expense. I mean how often are they gonna go back and look at the package? I have half a dozen guns here with boxes I need to throw out. But I just know some asshole will want a damn box in a trade deal.
Boxes are life

Off-topic but I would be said asshole. I will blame it on my time messing around with high-end audio equipment. You can properly demand more money with the original packaging.
When we moved back up here in 2018 I helped clean out a hoarder house in South Bibb Co. Whoever lived there was addicted to auctions. I pulled out a complete Pioneer system from the early 80s new in the boxes. Better yet I discovered a new in box McIntosh amplifier from the 70s . They go for big money not even working.
As for gun boxes I used to work for a guy who had original Colt and IMI boxes in his attic from the wife's ex who left them. Those boxes were from transferrable MGs and were probably worth good money alone.

USPS flat rate boxes are free and tape is cheap.

Back
Top Bottom