• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Detachable carry handle question

Foxtrot Sierra

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
204   0
Reaction score
I have a brass aluminum forging (square forge mark) detachable carry handle that I was cleaning and lubing, and I’m thinking about throwing it back on one of my M4s to sight it in. I adjusted the windage dial to find mechanical zero (count the clicks and put it in the center), and it does not line up with the hash marks on the carry handle base. Is this normal and just something that I haven’t noticed because I’ve never bothered to? Should I start here to zero or line it up with that hash marks? What is the purpose of the hash marks, if not accurate?

Did the same with one of my Matechs (for gits and shiggles) and the hash marks were dead on with the mechanical zero.

Thanks in advance.

Carry handle, two LMT L8A fixed rear sights, a KAC micro 200-600, and a Matech… the only one that mechanically centers indexed with the center hash mark is the Matech.

Hmm…

I have a brass aluminum forging (square forge mark) detachable carry handle that I was cleaning and lubing, and I’m thinking about throwing it back on one of my M4s to sight it in. I adjusted the windage dial to find mechanical zero (count the clicks and put it in the center), and it does not line up with the hash marks on the carry handle base. Is this normal and just something that I haven’t noticed because I’ve never bothered to? Should I start here to zero or line it up with that hash marks? What is the purpose of the hash marks, if not accurate?

Did the same with one of my Matechs (for gits and shiggles) and the hash marks were dead on with the mechanical zero.

Thanks in advance.
Carry handle, two LMT L8A fixed rear sights, a KAC micro 200-600, and a Matech… the only one that mechanically centers indexed with the center hash mark is the Matech.

Hmm…
Mechanical zero means nothing. Stop worrying about. Your rifle is zeroed or it isn't.
Foxtrot Sierra Foxtrot Sierra You just need to go to the range and set the sights properly. And what ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 said.

That’s what I figured. My OCD is getting the better of me.
I am the same way but life is to imperfect to worry about on its own. I figure hash marks on a rifle sight getting me all worked up is not worth it. Get it as close as you can and let it ride. Then we can save all the OCD state of mind on things we can actually control. 😁

I am the same way but life is to imperfect to worry about on its own. I figure hash marks on a rifle sight getting me all worked up is not worth it. Get it as close as you can and let it ride. Then we can save all the OCD state of mind on things we can actually control. 😁

Sound advice, sir. Not sure why it all of a sudden started to bother me now. Never noticed it before. Sighted stuff in without a second thought. Damn carry handle.

Back
Top Bottom