Votes: 13 27.1%
  • It's a guessing game

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I don't like full disclosure

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Eat your tacos and stfu

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
I guess accurately describing your items condition is a thing of the past for some.
Are we supposed to just guess how beat up your overpriced junk is now?
What some folks list as excellent condition is just sad.
Rant over
No you should know this by now ever item is nib tack driver. 😂

The ones that really bug me are when somebody lists a 50 yr old Chinese SKS and says it was "never issued" and "never fired".

How do they claim to know the entire history of a rifle made in China, that was later shipped to Albania? Lol....

View attachment 4752625
My favorite is when they say, “All Matching SKS, but magazine and dust cover are two different numbers. And original stock is missing but replaced by a tapco.”

My favorite is when they say, “All Matching SKS, but magazine and dust cover are two different numbers. And original stock is missing but replaced by a tapco.”
Yeah....and all Chinese SKSs are made by "Norinco" regardless of arsenal stamps or year of manufacture.

All Russian SKSs are "non-refurbed", even though they clearly have all of the signs of being a refurb. :confused:

Yeah....and all Chinese SKSs are made by "Norinco" regardless of arsenal stamps or year of manufacture.

All Russian SKSs are "non-refurbed", even though they clearly have all of the signs of being a refurb. :confused:
Yup. Or when I ask out of curiosity “is the gas tube, sight ladder, and piston electro stenciled ….?”

Their answer, “What the hell are you talking about?”…

Yup. Or when I ask out of curiosity “is the gas tube, sight ladder, and piston electro stenciled ….?”

Their answer, “What the hell are you talking about?”…
Have asked "Is it a threaded or pinned barrel...?"

Answers I have gotten back are "Neither." and "No there isn't a silencer on it." :confused: Wait....uh....whut?

It's true.... Explained what I was looking for to the sellers, how to tell each one and why it mattered too me.

Nobody can be an expert on everything, so just say you're not sure and go from there. :thumb:
I’ve got a brand new designed one with a threaded pinned and welded epoxied barrel. It’s state of the art I’m telling you

It's true.... Explained what I was looking for to the sellers, how to tell each one and why it mattered too me.

Nobody can be an expert on everything, so just say you're not sure and go from there. :thumb:
Ya. Sks’ are a great test to item description skills. My basic requirements to engage in dialogue with a seller are decent photos, an ATTEMPT to find the year of manufacture, and as you stated threaded or pinned barrel reference.

People chalk these up as crappy milsurplus that are all the same. . .They are not. They also forget that they are not made anymore. We all saw what happened to the pre locks smiths. No box, no docs, barrel screwed up, $1000 ha. It’s crazy .

Back
Top Bottom