• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Detoxing for the older guys

Boogar Presley

Army Icon Supporter
Ordinary average guy
24   0
Reaction score
Do you use a supplement like milk thistle or something else?
I'm 56 and found out after a physical last year I have a fatty liver and high blood pressure. I started intermittent fasting and have lost 40 lbs since April of last year. I started exercising again a few months ago stretching and strength training. Started working on my cardio 2 weeks ago power walking on the treadmill and working out on the heavy bag. Hoping to lose another 30-40 lbs before the end of this year
I still feel like **** especially later in the evening
Is there something else I could be doing or am doing wrong at 56 ?

You mean like from alcohol or just poor diet? I've heard good things about milk thistle either way but you'd need to cut out the offending cause as well. Sounds like you're on the right track with the exercise and weight loss though!

You mean like from alcohol or just poor diet? I've heard good things about milk thistle either way but you'd need to cut out the offending cause as well. Sounds like you're on the right track with the exercise and weight loss though!
Poor diet and lethargy. Broke my back a few years ago, have metal in my spine, shoulder and knee surgery. It was hard to just get up for a while. I let myself go, trying to claw my way back

Great progress.
Would be interested in your diet plan.
I don't eat before 2:30 at the earliest, try to aim for 4-7pm before my first meal. Eat 2 meals before midnight.
I still eat carbs but try to avoid sugar treats for the most part but Hostess cupcakes are delicious
I don't have the fortitude anymore to jump right in so I'm trying to progressively add parts to my recovery to keep from burning myself out

I still eat carbs but try to avoid sugar treats for the most part but Hostess cupcakes are delicious

Lose the cupcakes. Just one of them are gonna set back an entire day of fasting and moderate exercise.

Like why go through that struggle to wreck it with a cupcake.

Do you use a supplement like milk thistle or something else?
I'm 56 and found out after a physical last year I have a fatty liver and high blood pressure. I started intermittent fasting and have lost 40 lbs since April of last year. I started exercising again a few months ago stretching and strength training. Started working on my cardio 2 weeks ago power walking on the treadmill and working out on the heavy bag. Hoping to lose another 30-40 lbs before the end of this year
Get your hormone levels checked I guarantee that will help

Back
Top Bottom