• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Detoxing for the older guys

Look, the elixir of life is three simple habits:

1) Do not eat any processed foods, specially with high fructose corn syrup or sugar.
2) Do not eat any seed oils: rice bran, safflower, sunflower, corn, canola, cottonseed, soybean or grapeseed.
3) Do not be sedentary: walk or run at least one mile per day.

Optional health boost to lower blood pressure and improve joints: take 150-350Mg daily of elemental magnesium in the form of citrate, glycinate or malate with dinner.

I've heard the unfortunate lazy, redneck myth of eat whatever trash food you want so long as you burn it off. It presents as: if you consume 4000 calories, all you have to do is burn off 4000 calories. I've heard this repeated to me many times. It's BS. Health is more than calories, especially for your circulatory system.

I think a lot of fellas on here had great advise. I found the best thing that works for me is my supplements and diet. I don't eat breakfast except on the weekends so lunch at noon and dinner at 5pm. The meal times are crucial for maintaining your weight and metabolism. If I see that I won't be able to eat dinner until 7pm, I just don't eat dinner. I take Turmeric, Omega 3, 6, 9, krill oil, Vitamin D-3, Vitamin C, Biotin, Ginseng, Saw Palmetto, and a Mens one-a-day.

I think a lot of fellas on here had great advise. I found the best thing that works for me is my supplements and diet. I don't eat breakfast except on the weekends so lunch at noon and dinner at 5pm. The meal times are crucial for maintaining your weight and metabolism. If I see that I won't be able to eat dinner until 7pm, I just don't eat dinner. I take Turmeric, Omega 3, 6, 9, krill oil, Vitamin D-3, Vitamin C, Biotin, Ginseng, Saw Palmetto, and a Mens one-a-day.
Omega 6 can be very inflammatory. You may want to stick with just 3 and 9.

Sore, tired, stiff joints, muscle cramps

Thats just from working out hard. You need to drink more water / get electrolytes and stretch a ton more. I am 34 and still get stiff and achy from exercise. Active warm ups before exercise and then stretching after is probably more important than the actual exercise.

I like this guy a lot even though I am too hard headed to listen to him

https://www.youtube.com/@LeeWeiland

His beginnner stuff is good

EDIT: Also keep talking to your doctor. I am not a doctor. I like to work out and stay active that's my level of expertise. Listen to your doctor.

Do you use a supplement like milk thistle or something else?
I'm 56 and found out after a physical last year I have a fatty liver and high blood pressure. I started intermittent fasting and have lost 40 lbs since April of last year. I started exercising again a few months ago stretching and strength training. Started working on my cardio 2 weeks ago power walking on the treadmill and working out on the heavy bag. Hoping to lose another 30-40 lbs before the end of this year
I still feel like **** especially later in the evening
Is there something else I could be doing or am doing wrong at 56 ?
I just cut out all soft drinks and stopped adding any sugar to foods. I was a stout 286lbs. about six months ago. I have dropped down to 255 and I feel great. Ton a of energy so much that I can hardly sleep. Drop eating a lot of meat products. Not all together but cut down. I eat two servings of oatmeal a day. Cottage cheese and fruit is good. There is a ton of protein in cottage cheese. I still eat hamburger once a week but not out. I cook it myself and they taste ten times better than those gut nukes at fast food joints. Take a vitamin supplement every day to make sure you are getting the nessecery trace vitamins and minerals. If I snack I eat popcorn. Just replace all crap foods with good whole foods. Check your hormone levels. Low test is a energy zapper. And B12 is your friend. Take it everyday and get B12 shots when you see the doc. Drink plenty of water and flavor it if you like just make sure you drink a lot. I feel better now at 55 than I did when I was 40. I have about 20 more pounds to go but each time I see the doc and weigh in I have lost a few pounds. Do it slow and steady. I don't eat any processed foods except for soups. Processed foods are the worst! It's worked for me and don't miss anything.

We as Americans eat so much trash it's amazing any of us live past 50. I don't drink a drop of alcohol and no drugs period. I can't exercise because of osteoarthritis and chronic back pain but I stay busy as much as I can. Everybody is different but I am convinced sugar and salt are killers. Oh Splenda is a good buddy for coffee and oatmeal. I also eat a lot of cranberries and nuts. Pecans are a staple in my diet. Omega 3 fatty acids are good fats and absolutely necessary. If you want to loose weight just stop all the junk and do not eat past 7 in the evening and fast 12 hours until 7 the next morning. It gives the body time to evacuate any and all the trash in your body. That alone is a good thing on its own.

Back
Top Bottom