• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Detroit Style Pizza

Ex313

Air Force Icon Supporter
Wooba Gooba With The Green Teeth
13   0
Reaction score
The closest thing to this I've had since I moved here is the Little Ceasers Deep Dish.
Little Ceasers is a Detroit company but the pizza is meh.

This guy is making the pizza the way they do at the "Buddy's Pizza" chain in the Detroit area.
I loved Buddy's but I didn't know how they actually cooked it.

I'm not familiar with Detroit style. To me there is New York style which is thin crust. I'm not a big fan of that. Then there is Chicago style thick crust which I like better. Around middle GA Little Ceasars is kinda like ghetto pizza. The one in Warner Robins recently got closed due to rat infestation.
Personally I liked it the way Godfathers used to make it with the beer crust. That was very good.

I'm not familiar with Detroit style. To me there is New York style which is thin crust. I'm not a big fan of that. Then there is Chicago style thick crust which I like better. Around middle GA Little Ceasars is kinda like ghetto pizza. The one in Warner Robins recently got closed due to rat infestation.
Personally I liked it the way Godfathers used to make it with the beer crust. That was very good.

The thing that surprised me about this recipe is that he purposely puts the cheese along the edge of the dough against the pan. He wants the fat from the cheese and the oil in the pan to fry the crust there.
I've never know how they did it until then.
So you get this thick, Chicago style crust, but the edges are crunchy and IMHO, more flavorful than the other kinds of pizza.
The channel has some pretty decent recipes. I've been watching him all afternoon.

Man you just named three cities that are way on the bottom of my list for anything. Ya Gangsta style pizza.

The closest thing you will find to Detroit style down here, is a Jet's Pizza location... there are a few in the metro area... Kennesaw, Alpharetta, Marietta... A coupla other locations...
Their 8 corner pizza is beyond phenomenal… wife loves the vegetarian 8 corner...

Man you just named three cities that are way on the bottom of my list for anything. Ya Gangsta style pizza.
Yeah I'm not big on N.Y. style. I've had it while in New York city many years ago and it was nothing special. We used to have a chain around here called Shakeys Pizza and another called Pizza Inn which they still have in Brunswick. Anyway New York pizza is just like those two places. Only difference at all is the size of the slices. They make huge trash can lid size pizzas up there.

Back
Top Bottom