• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Diamondhead USA Customer Support ROCKS!

The bcm afg on Daniel defense slim rail (keymod)
FB_IMG_1483813827836.jpg

I'm leaning toward getting the BCM stubby vfg. I haven't tried a handstop, but so far I've really liked having a regular vfg that I just cut down short and use more like a handstop.

The BCM is my favorite, simple solid, extremely comfortable, have one on my AR 11.5 "Pistol" and on the 16" above... GA gun store under 20 bucks...

Oh by the way if you run it really hard (multiple 30 round mag dumps) it will get pretty hot to the point of being uncomfortable, the BCM Polymer key mod covers seem to help a bit but I also wonder if they hinder cooling... Due to cost of ammo I don't normally really go crazy and heat is usually not an issue with the rate I fire at but on a new build or upgrades I will tend to do my own little "torture test" get it hot to the point she's smoking and run it harder than I normally would to see how it does.

Oh by the way if you run it really hard (multiple 30 round mag dumps) it will get pretty hot to the point of being uncomfortable, the BCM Polymer key mod covers seem to help a bit but I also wonder if they hinder cooling... Due to cost of ammo I don't normally really go crazy and heat is usually not an issue with the rate I fire at but on a new build or upgrades I will tend to do my own little "torture test" get it hot to the point she's smoking and run it harder than I normally would to see how it does.
I haven't really considered that. I may look into them as well. Generally all I put on my rifles are a red dot, buis, a vfg and maybe a light.

I haven't really considered that. I may look into them as well. Generally all I put on my rifles are a red dot, buis, a vfg and maybe a light.

Yeah I do too but do I really need them on ALL my rifles... I may just leave this one as is and keep it simple, the diamondhead is clean unique and very comfortable may just leave it as is and keep it simple.... Did do their matching muzzle break, I hated spending 100 bucks for a flash hider but it is what it is.

Yeah I do too but do I really need them on ALL my rifles... I may just leave this one as is and keep it simple, the diamondhead is clean unique and very comfortable may just leave it as is and keep it simple.... Did do their matching muzzle break, I hated spending 100 bucks for a flash hider but it is what it is.
I went ahead and ordered the BCM vfg so I can get rid of the rail section and rail mounted vfg and I added some of the covers in with my order to try them out. Thanks for the suggestion.

LOL I was just thinking about ordering one as well vs driving to the LGS to try on the diamondhead, under 20 bucks no big deal... take it back off if I don't like it... Good stuff and not too hard on the wallet, but it all does start adding up after awhile.

Back
Top Bottom