• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dicks Sporting Goods & the ammo shortage

mustang12

Default rank <750 posts
Let’s Go Brandon!
36   0
Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I don’t usually buy anything shooting related from Dicks.

That being said, I took a break from working from home today and made the trip to two different locations, since one is two miles from my house and one is about 4 miles in the other direction. The wife had accrued some points since she buys workout clothes there, so she gave me a 20 dollar gift card , and I had a 20% off that came in the mail. Ammo was the main goal of the trip. The first location had nothing , I mean 0 ammo to purchase. I left and went to the other location. They had 10 boxes of Winchester .45 ammo. I didn’t even look at the price since I don’t currently own or shoot .45. That was all they had in the entire store.
The guy behind the counter couldn’t believe it either. He said that they cannot keep any calibers in stock.
I know this may not be the best example because of Dicks’ stance on firearms, but is
this normal right now in other places? Or just there because nobody like Dicks Sporting Goods. Asking because I haven’t been to any other gun store or sporting outlets in a long time. Wanted to see if this was a new normal.

Understood, I know they definitely suck overall, but are the other major retailers having severe shortages too? And not just certain calibers?
Most all showing short term shortages. Covidiot induced "panic" caused a spike in demand and supply chain hasn't caught up.

pretty much. Unless your shoot 45 ACP, 10mm, or 357 Sig. that’s been in every store I’ve been in since this thang started
Oh ok, that sucks. I have a Glock 33 that I recently picked up so I guess I’ll look for some more .357 Sig . I haven’t been The best at keeping a large supply of ammo stocked.

Most all showing short term shortages. Covidiot induced "panic" caused a spike in demand and supply chain hasn't caught up.
Good to know. That’s what I figured and was hoping. Along with the fact that Dicks most likely didn’t do much in the way of guns and ammo sales in recent years

Back
Top Bottom