• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dicks Sporting Goods & the ammo shortage

Dahlonega Pawn had CCI for 169 a case of 1000 a few weeks before the panic. I bought some because I cannot load it much cheaper than that with jacketed bullets. They had to go up to 219 last time I was there but they still had a lot.

I bought the last 300 rds of .45 at Fayetteville dicks last week. Some cowboy rounds left but thats it. The guy that works sports is pretty friendly and he gave me the downlow, Dicks is getting out of the gun game and isn't ordering any more ammo. They had a good selection of long guns at really good prices and a bunch of new glocks for 499. I haven't said anything on here yet because I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy one lol, and every time I try to post about deals on here everybody comes at me with that elitist BS saying its not actually a good deal and "they can find it cheaper somewhere else", although they never divulge where... He said all the guns they don't sell are going to Gander in Alabama soon.

so what you're sayin is those 499 glocks bout to be 799 glocks
Yasser. They had several 43's and a 48 or two. Couple sigs. And quite a few nice bolt guns for cheap. I think I saw 3 700 adl's for 349 and one with a scope for 449. Lots of rugers. I was really surprised. When I was there last Wednesday they had been open for a week. No line and I was the only person in there at 10am.

That being said, I bought the last thing they had in that store I wanted, so I won't be going back. But if you're dying to buy a gun, its worth a trip.

Guess I’m driving 30 min to the closest Academy
Don't bother. In the metro area, most stores are stripped of common calibers. Maybe in Commerce they have some, but in metro ATL? Nope. I was in one the other day for something unrelated and just browsed the ammo section and there was no handgun ammo of any kind, save .22lr.

I bought the last 300 rds of .45 at Fayetteville dicks last week. Some cowboy rounds left but thats it. The guy that works sports is pretty friendly and he gave me the downlow, Dicks is getting out of the gun game and isn't ordering any more ammo. They had a good selection of long guns at really good prices and a bunch of new glocks for 499. I haven't said anything on here yet because I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy one lol, and every time I try to post about deals on here everybody comes at me with that elitist BS saying its not actually a good deal and "they can find it cheaper somewhere else", although they never divulge where... He said all the guns they don't sell are going to Gander in Alabama soon.
Gotcha,
No wonder the firearm section was super low at my local Dicks. They had one Glock 17, one Kimber .45, one M&P, a few Rugers, a few various .22s, and a small selection of 12 ga. That was it.

Back
Top Bottom