• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dicks Sporting Goods & the ammo shortage

Don't bother. In the metro area, most stores are stripped of common calibers. Maybe in Commerce they have some, but in metro ATL? Nope. I was in one the other day for something unrelated and just browsed the ammo section and there was no handgun ammo of any kind, save .22lr.
Thanks for the heads up, I guess that’s one of the downsides to living near the city, among other reasons (as I’m sure I’ll hear about it from at least one of y’all ).

I think the best bet if you need bullets is to just keep an eye out online. Set up email alerts and start an in house card to get a discount. I applied for an academy card last time I was there just to avoid such nonsense. I got ammo, but I don't want to have to stop shooting for fun because of this situation. Be a whole lot cooler if it was just delivered...

My LGS has maintained inventory thru this whole mess and hasn’t raised their price either. They are competitive with the big box stores And much more pleasant to shop with. They are having some issues in keeping the most popular handguns in inventory but can usually replenish stock in a few days.

My LGS has maintained inventory thru this whole mess and hasn’t raised their price either. They are competitive with the big box stores And much more pleasant to shop with. They are having some issues in keeping the most popular handguns in inventory but can usually replenish stock in a few days.
I'd love it if their was a place like that near me. All the gun stores I've been in lately, which weren't many, were like .50/rd for ball and like $1/rd PD! No thanks, I can wait if I really have to. I'm just worried it isn't going to get any better with the election coming up(maybe...:grey:), so I'm gettin it where I can at normalish prices for now.

Ammo is available you just have to look for it both online and in the stores.

Just keep an eye online, forget Dicks, we should uniformly boycott Dicks. I have seen a few places that have ammo for reasonable prices online. Not as easy as it was 4 months ago, but it will come back.

Back
Top Bottom