• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did I get struck by lightning?

acog1988

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
37   0
Reaction score
This past Saturday I was camping at Roosevelt State Park when a thunder storm came through. Is was holding the metal handle that's used while stepping up into the camper when the sky lit up and I got one hell of a shock. I've been hit with 110 and 220 but this was nothing like that. It buckled me knees but I didn't fall because of the death grip on the handle from the shock. Camper was grounded through the plug and nobody else was effected. I have no visible injuries and feel fine.

I'd guess most likely not, maybe some 'seepage'.

that would be my guess, a strike somewhere close by. you'd be surprised how far it will travel and still give you a good zap. we were electro shocking a pond to get a population count and there was a guy leaned against a tree on the far bank who was just watching us. . . .until we got a bit closer then all the sudden he hopped away from the tree and told us he was getting zapped by it (i hear of this all the time with fish shocking and have even gotten a light tickle from a low hanging branch.)

if you got hit by lightening you'd know. pretty much all stories go the same of one minute your doing something next thing you know your on your flat on your ass not knowing what the **** happened, not to mention it would have sounded like a cannon went off to anyone in proximity.

Back
Top Bottom