• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did I just get a deal on a 1903A3?

Example:
img.photobucket.com_albums_v76_BobS1_Springfield_2003s_Classic_2003A3_20MR_Lyman48.jpg

Sorry... the correct answer is "what is a Lyman peep sight" .... I'll take Smith Corona for 200 Alex.

Haha! You've got some good rifle trivia skills! Thanks!

Does the receiver have to be drilled and tapped for this or does it fit where the old A3 sight was?

Sorry... the correct answer is "what is a Lyman peep sight" .... I'll take Smith Corona for 200 Alex.

Does the receiver have to be drilled and tapped for this or does it fit where the old A3 sight was?

I've never seen one fitted that wasn't drilled and tapped for an install.

I don't see
I've never seen one fitted that wasn't drilled and tapped for an install.
I don't see any holes in the side of receiver where it would mount. Must be a different stock than what originally came on her. We will see once she gets here!

It's very likely a replacement stock. 99% of these rifles are re-arsenalled mixmasters. The receiver in the OP's photos doesn't appear to be drilled and tapped for a Lyman 48 but the stock definitely has the cut.

Here she is! Love my guy that does $10 FFL transfers!

She has pretty good wood on her despite the inletting and nails in the butt. Looks like it may have been refinished at some point. I'm thinking of filling the nail holes and possibly patching the inletted portion with a piece of walnut as well as ironing out some of the nicks then sand and restain. I feel like the damage has already been done so why not make her even prettier again! What do y'all think?

I only found 3 cartouches which I will still preserve. One is very faint and I can't really make it out. Pics to follow.

Back
Top Bottom