• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did you take "risks" as a child growing up, if so, post em here

upload_2020-1-15_7-49-54.jpeg

We did what was normal then. We climbed the trees rode bikes for miles with a carton of drink bottles on each handle bar to get 36 cent deposit we played in creeks all day went barefoot most the summer threw rocks up to watch bats follow down and try to hit with sticks we played with firecrackers dug pretty deep tunnels in our ga red clay. By today’s standards we lived pretty dangerous and all this was before reaching 12 years of age

I can remember in early 60's at home in Roswell, we would be out after dark at a streetlight on our sparsely populated road and wed toss stuff up to get the bats to chasing it and we'd shoot at em with our 40 shotguns, no one ever blinked, or lost, an eye.

Here are a few that I can remember from my Childhood.

* Riding Bicycles without being wrapped in bubble wrap, lol. No Helmets or anything.

* Steel Wheeled Skateboards going downhill with no protection.

* Tennis ball Rockets made out of coke cans using lighter fluid as an igniter and matches

* Seeing how far we could jump from the swing

* Tackle Football with no protection in an open field

* Shooting BB Guns at each other just for fun

* Riding Mini Bikes and Go Carts without any sort of protection

* Oh and remember the original Cap Guns, lol /Hitting a hammer on an entire roll of Caps

Broken Wrist, Busted Chin, Teeth Stuck in Lips from falling, Many Fights, Lots of Good Times.

Where should I start?
Bikes with no helmets. And we'd jump anything we could find. Dad even built us a cool ramp.
BB guns
Got my first .22 rifle at 13, brother got a compound bow at 11
Paintball gun wars
Bottle rocket/Roman candle wars
Blow things up with fireworks
Walking through the woods alone as kids in the middle of the night, using the moonlight to see
Neighborhood fight club. We had a pair of boxing gloves and we'd take turns beating the hell out of each other. Each fighter only had one glove. :lol:
Climb high up in trees
Jump off high ****
I'm sure there's more.

Back
Top Bottom