• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did you take "risks" as a child growing up, if so, post em here

My entire "youth" was a risk! Clackers, jumping ramps on bikes, playing with gas, tag with BB guns, messin with venomous snakes, running from the police, Whipperwill Hollow (Bluffs from 20-60 ft above the Tennessee River in Sheffield, AL. along with a rope swing that would wrap around you if not held correctly!), crossing the Tennessee River during a thunderstorm, in an aluminum canoe, drinking, at night with no lights! Just thinking about it, I'm damn lucky to be alive!!
That “running from the police”. Makes me think about how we used to go flying by the parked cop car on our dirt bikes, throw water balloons into the car, just to get them to chase us when we were bored.
You always had a plan of escape. So there were trails with more than a couple of entry ways. When you got a fish on(a cop chase you) , we would run around the neighborhood on the motorbikes until we got ready to ditch em then hit the trails....gone like a Greyhound down the road !! Lol.

cherry bombs, m80's and those metal mailboxes just seemed to go together
and in later years I have had to replace my mailbox about 20 ties before I bought a leggo style break apart, pop back mailbox, was Karma getting me back I reckon. The last time my went boom someone had placed a PVC pipe bomb filled with firecracker powder, it blew the front door over 50 yards into pasture across street.
upload_2020-1-15_11-51-28.jpeg
upload_2020-1-15_11-51-42.jpeg
upload_2020-1-15_11-51-59.jpeg
images

Maybe one last one?
When we were in our early teens we would take a break :barbershop_quartet_ from school, ride our dirt bikes out to Huntcliff in Roswell, and jump into the hooch...

The danger part was we took a running start from the "upper 50 foot ledge" to get over the lower 30 footer... You had to tuck to clear it (cannon ball style) or risk catching your foot on the outcrop...:crutch:

I had two friends that didn't "clear" it. One ended up with a broken back and the other did a mean belly flop that left some pretty impressive bruises.
:wacko:
How we lived through the 8th grade is beyond me. :amen:

Ya I
That about covers it for me, too. I should be dead or in jail.[/QUOTE
I didn’t even remember the jail part. My bil who is quite a bit older told me if I didn’t change my ways I was gonna end up in prison or the funeral home. I changed my ways. Still here.

Back
Top Bottom