Dieselkleen works
Hotshots really good
Royalpurple really good to and high cetane levels

Cetane higher number more power you will make
Same as octane boost for gas

I always use additive with lubricity every fill up

Injection pumps not cheap to repair

Sea foam !!
sea foam is glorified alcohol, be very careful with it. it can cause engine damage if you use to much.
the best i have found in both diesel and gas is marvel mystery oil. you can get a big bottle for under 5 bucks, dump it in and go. it will clean and lube the fuel system. i have seen it free up frozen injector pumps on diesel tractors,and even free up gas in tank electric fuel pumps.
add to much sea foam,lean out,burn a valve or piston,blow a head gasket, marvel works better,costs less, and is oil based. add to much and it will just smoke a little...

I used a sulfur additive in my 2001 Cummins and I think it's cheap insurance on pre-emission engines. Newer stuff shouldn't need anything as they were designed from the start for the ultra-low sulfur fuel we have now. My wife's Ecodiesel Grand Cherokee gets nothing at least.

really important to know what year this diesel is. Many newer diesel require nothing and will actually harm the emission equipment if you use some additives.

Seafoam is a cleaner, not something I would run regularly. I would fill up the fuel filter bowl on my 6.0 and put none in the tank. I would often use diesel kleen for lubricity.

Newer diesel's with the tankless gas cap make adding additives a real pain. you have to use a tool to open the second gate, or all of the additive comes out in a big mess. really in the newer stuff, you should just be considering it for fuel gelling. If you have a stuck injector or rough running, many have had success with Rev X additive for both fuel and oil.

Back
Top Bottom