• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Diesel Gods ?! F250 Super Duty 4X4

dakatl

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
I have a 2008 F250 Diesel Super Duty 4X4 has a intermittent problem.

The problem is that it will at random times while at idle and in gear and at stop suddenly engine surge/RPM to what is like full throttle. At this point while in gear it is all you can do to hold it like a stallion with brakes or shut it off.

Had it into a local garage and they also could not reproduce issue.

Had it in the Ford shop {Akins Ford Winder) for a week and they couldn't reproduce it.

I get it back from Ford and next morning RPM surge and same problem.

any diesel guys here with ideas ???

I have a 2008 F250 Diesel Super Duty 4X4 has a intermittent problem.

The problem is that it will at random times while at idle and in gear and at stop suddenly engine surge/RPM to what is like full throttle. At this point while in gear it is all you can do to hold it like a stallion with brakes or shut it off.

Had it into a local garage and they also could not reproduce issue.

Had it in the Ford shop {Akins Ford Winder) for a week and they couldn't reproduce it.

I get it back from Ford and next morning RPM surge and same problem.

any diesel guys here with ideas ???
It’s a ford - expect many problems for the duration of owning it - Buy a Toyota next time

Can you put a real time scanner on it for a few days till it does it?

The throttle is all electronic, no mechanical connection from pedal to fuel injector system. ( I know, diesels are un-throttled, but referring to the skinny pedal )

Can you put a real time scanner on it for a few days till it does it?

The throttle is all electronic, no mechanical connection from pedal to fuel injector system. ( I know, diesels are un-throttled, but referring to the skinny pedal )

this is what I am doing now. exactly where I am looking !

Back
Top Bottom