• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Diesel Gods ?! F250 Super Duty 4X4

Yeah I'm sure that's much cheaper than fixing his intermittent surge problem. You can buy a whole truck for what that would cost time/labor.

Nope he has a 6.4, That every now again problem is going to turn into a all the time problem very soon. If he can wrench and weld he can put a 12 valve in. Controlling the 5r100 is a pretty expensive pop.

Try disconnecting batteries and negating transients across buss by putting positive and negative cables together. It’s a computer reset I have used in the past. This technology thing is gonna kill us all. GLWRevs and post epilogue.

Have you done a cyl contribution test and monitored the rail pressure? Could also be a hanging injector. The FICM as mentioned earlier is a possibility, did they still get their values from the ICP in the 6.4? I’ve seen those be temperamental and cause surging.

I have a 2008 F250 Diesel Super Duty 4X4 has a intermittent problem.

The problem is that it will at random times while at idle and in gear and at stop suddenly engine surge/RPM to what is like full throttle. At this point while in gear it is all you can do to hold it like a stallion with brakes or shut it off.

Had it into a local garage and they also could not reproduce issue.

Had it in the Ford shop {Akins Ford Winder) for a week and they couldn't reproduce it.

I get it back from Ford and next morning RPM surge and same problem.

any diesel guys here with ideas ???
Take it to Leadfoot Diesel. You're not far from there. Talk to Vinny. They can get it diagnosed properly and fixed.

My guess is high pressure fuel pump going bad. My advice trade the truck in now before it gets worse or goes out completely. 6.4 is by far the worst diesel motor Ford made

Nope he has a 6.4, That every now again problem is going to turn into a all the time problem very soon. If he can wrench and weld he can put a 12 valve in. Controlling the 5r100 is a pretty expensive pop.
Like I said more expensive. Wrench and weld? You mean you need a full service shop with a lift. The average Joe aint swapping a 12 valve in to their 6.4 F250 in their driveway. Trust me I've owned quite a few diesels, even bulletproofing a 6.4 or 6.0 is no easy task for the average Joe.

Back
Top Bottom