Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Chevy

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Dodge

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
I would suggest getting a GM with a LBZ Duramax and 6 speed Allison transmission if you can find one for sale.

This is exactly what I have. The greatest truck ever built!!!!

I would like to have the exact same thing one day, only in a dually model. The engine and transmission are still the exact same thing, just a little beefier suspension.

I also replaced my front drivers seat leather. It needs to be replaced in all the Chevy trucks!

I'm only on 137,000 miles. I figure I've got about another 20 years or so left in mine......

I only drive it about 6-7000 miles per year.

Jerry

I have owned

88 Ford 7.3 IDI. Loved the truck although it was underpowered.

2001 Ford 7.3 Powerstroke. Sold it with after 17 years and 270k miles. Only regular maintenance.

2003 Ford 6.0 Powerstroke. Rolled it at 26k miles. No issues besides it not staying upright.

2004 Ford 6.0 Powerstroke. Sold it at 60k. Never had an issue.

2005 Chevy Duramax. Biggest piece of **** I have ever owned and the reason I will never buy another.

2011 6.7 Powerstroke. The best.i have had yet. Thinking of replacing it with a 2019.

Never owned a Cummins

Either a lbz or a 3rd year or later lml duramax in a GM truck. The dodge trucks, save the engines, fall apart. The fords have to many engine issues. Unless you are very diesel savvy, I would take any potential truck to a diesel ship and have it checked out before any money traded hands. Diesels need regular service that is not cheap to remain reliable. A truck with miles on it that has had its maintenance neglected is a money pit waiting to open.

5.9 Cummins 12v. If you want something that will last a million miles. You'll have to replace the wrapper (dodge) a few times though.

Ford-
The 6.4 fords are junk: you can’t bulletproof caca.

The 6.0s were decent engines if maintained & given a proper haircut. Definitely bulletproof.

The 6.7s seem to be better.

GM-
Walk wide of Dirtymax’ from 2001-2006: they’ve got their code that tells you what it is but they gave problems.

Dodge-
5.9s were the best engine of the 3: auto trans & the front ends were subpar.

A 2003-7 5.9 with a manual is hard to beat & still brings big money. That’d be my pick.

Or buy an auto & have budget money for this guy to fix the trans.
https://www.garmonsdieseldrivetrain.com

My family has 2 that he’s done of the 12 & 24 valve variety that will still be doing their thing when ever thing else has already been shipped to Red China as scrap & turned into Toyota’s, Nissans, & KIAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

duramax/allison I pull 14K 5th wheel and you see more GM products at the campground,Ford second,dodge 3rd

When you go to the job site the Bow ties mostly have 6 lug axles & leave the real work for work trucks.

Remember,
6 in a row, ready to tow.
8 in a very sit down to pee.

Especially in the OTR market.

I have an 03' Ram 2500 with the 5.9 Cummins and 3.73 gear and I get 20-22mpg on the highway running 75-80mph. Pulling an enclosed trailer 14mpg.

This is boringly common with the ol’ 6 rows.

Back
Top Bottom