• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Diesel Volkswagen??

And the second one I built, using a 2004 Rubicon.

Nice

I bought a turbo diesel Toyota 4 runner in Europe and had the drivetrain shipped here and installed it in my 4 runner

Loved the 3.0 td but we outgrew the car and sold it and bought a expedition at a repo auction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got an 05 Jetta TDI, 5 speed. 245k miles. run the piss out of it and just do basic maintenance. run good oils (recommended brands/spec) and keep up with the simple stuff. Every 100k I change timing belt/water pump, etc. and put a new clutch in it around 200k. I pull a motorcycle trailer with mine every so often and it's got no issues doing that at all (with the manual transmission).

great car and would have loved to have a new Golf Sportwagen, but with the buy back, everyone I know that has a TDI is selling it back to VW so there's none on the second hand market. The only good thing is the value of my 05 keeps going up, as there are pretty much none of the 09-16 TDIs on the market any more.
Will give it another few months and see if VW "fixes" any of them and puts them on the market, or if they just ship them to some third world country to sell for cheap.

any of you guys have a good TDI mechanic in the ATL area? pretty sure I finally blew up the turbo in my MKIV jetta. loss of power, lots of white smoke (seals in turbo go, dumps oil in the exhaust). 250k miles, can't say I am surprised but still happy with the car.

or if any of you have a VCDS cable you want to sell or rent for a day, let me know..

debating on fixing it or just selling it as is to someone as a good project car. new turbo and manifold is about $850 and it sounds like it's a couple of hours to replace it..

I know an excellent Tdi mechanic he's a mechanic for Delta and in his off time works on diesel V dubs and that's he only cars he will work on and he has several parts cars
So he may be able
To fix yours at a reasonable price

He's in canton Woodstock
PM me for his number , don't feel right about making someone's personal cell # public

Anyone else got the second check from Bosch?
Kind of miss the car. It was fun to drive. Now, I'm sitting and wondering if the price on TDI will go up or down.

There's a VW mechanic in Faytville area, i think. He works on VW's. I never used him, just talked on the phone. He knows his stuff.

Anyone else got the second check from Bosch?
Kind of miss the car. It was fun to drive. Now, I'm sitting and wondering if the price on TDI will go up or down.

There's a VW mechanic in Faytville area, i think. He works on VW's. I never used him, just talked on the phone. He knows his stuff.

I think I know the guy yore talking about
He's good too

A friend of
Mine has two Tdi sportwagens and he's not turning them back in

Really loves em

I think I know the guy yore talking about
He's good too

A friend of
Mine has two Tdi sportwagens and he's not turning them back in

Really loves em

I sold it in the hope that VW will flood the market wit htdi later on.
VW got to do something with all those tdi

I sold it in the hope that VW will flood the market wit htdi later on.
VW got to do something with all those tdi

I bet they all get shipped to Cuba or some other country

Lot cheaper for Vw to just ship em out and sell em than to retrofit them with tanks that inject cow urine into the exhaust pipe

Back
Top Bottom