• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Digital Antenna Recommendations?

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
228   0
Reaction score
Hey. My dad (77) wants to watch the local news. He has a new t.v. but no internet service or plans to subscribe. I don't watch the news since my BP is high enough now without it so I have only Netflix.

I understand that you can buy a digital indoor antenna that delivers HD signal, is that true?
Do they work? (location notwithstanding, he lives in Warner Robins)

Is any one better than another? No need for recording or anything, hell he still uses a 'flip phone.'

Hey. My dad (77) wants to watch the local news. He has a new t.v. but no internet service or plans to subscribe. I don't watch the news since my BP is high enough now without it so I have only Netflix.

I understand that you can buy a digital indoor antenna that delivers HD signal, is that true?
Do they work? (location notwithstanding, he lives in Warner Robins)

Is any one better than another? No need for recording or anything, hell he still uses a 'flip phone.'
He's looking to pick up the Macon broadcast towers, right? If that's the case, he'll have no problem from WR. Lowe's, Home Depot, and Walmart all have indoor and outdoor digitals. Get an indoor with a 50 mile range and he should be fine. This one looks like it would fit his needs, and if it doesn't, get a refund and try another one. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mohu-Leaf-50-Flat-50-Mile-Indoor-HDTV-Antenna/36126031

It's going to depend on his location. There is a app you can download for your smart phone that will show you what stations are available and how strong the signal is in your area. Finding out that info would be your first step.

I'm right on the edge of a few Atlanta stations and a few Columbus stations so I have to use a 150mile antenna mounted on a 20' pole. If you're close to the stations you can by a cheap indoor antenna from Walmart and it's basically plug and play.

Could always build one too, amplified versions will work better but a lot are directional so you'll need to look for omnidirectional if the towers are all over rather than one direction.

Back
Top Bottom