• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dilema 357 or 44?

Same always applies, small light weight, eat the recoil. I have a Dan Wesson .357mag 2" Barrel, Pachmyer Grips, Uncle Mikes Sidekick shoulder rig, smooth as silk, well balanced and very manageble recoil. Shoot 38+P loads through it and it's still a Pu$$yCat. Full Power .357mag loads are just that, .357mag Full Power loads. A .44mag it's not, but you still know you've got a real handgun in your hands. The 2 .44mag's that I own are my Ruger Blackhawk and my Montana Marshall, unfortunatley with age and injury, my right hand is in bad shape and I've taken to shooting .44spl loads through them, my hands just can't handle the recoil of the .44mag loads anymore, on occasion I'll still bust a few full power loads but that's all. The .44spl full power loads are SWEET to shoot through them though. Charter Arms Bulldog .44mag are pretty nice guns my Dad had one, but full Power .44mag loads were punishing. Good luck in your choice.

Thanks for all the info.I will be looking for a 2 inch 357 and the 38 goes in the nightstand.Carrying on the motorcycle brings up other problems like getting the gun out of a holster and you have to do it left handed to stay on the gas.Practice this on the 4 wheeler.LOL

Carrying on the motorcycle brings up other problems like getting the gun out of a holster and you have to do it left handed to stay on the gas.Practice this on the 4 wheeler.LOL
That's what I was thinking when I said which one would you shoot best left handed. Looks like a left handed shoulder holster or one of those vest with the holster pocket in it might be worth looking at.

Back
Top Bottom