• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dillon RL550 press, anyone use this?

bf2rules

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I am looking for some feedback on the Dillon RL550 press, if you or someone you know use it, can you give me your 2cents on it...

I picked one up at a local auction and then sent it in to Dillon for a cleaning / replace of worn parts. just got it back and it looks like a new machine now, they replaced over 200.00 worth of parts for the 47.95 cleaning fee....one can not beat that for service, that is for sure.

It's a great press, as long as you do your part. The RL550 uses manual indexing, this is where most douple charges occur as folks forget where they were and operate the press twice without advancing. Other than that it's a great press, Dillon's service is unparalleled.

I have one and it has been great. I have done some rifle reloading with it, but always go back to the single stage for rifles.

Great presses. I've had two of them and sold them when I needed money, but intend to get another one at some point...

IMHO it's not the best if you only need to put together 100 rounds of rifle ammo, or are testing loads, but great if you're in production mode and need to do several hundred rounds. If you're shooting thousands or rounds a month it's probably better to step up to the 650.

Back
Top Bottom