• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Diminution in Value (vehicle)

If you have an excotic car that is worth 200-300k, you might find a lawyer. If the claim is big enough.

You can try your luck in small claims court. Don't believe you need a lawyer for that. The insurance company will most likely bring one. It seems diminished value is hard to prove at times.

Present your case the best you can to the insurance and see what they say.

DV almost seems like a cost we eat. Insurance don't want to pay, a lot of times can't get a lawyer or if you can is it worth paying a lawyer 2k on a 3k claim? When you go trade it in you will eat it. Seems really unfair to me, but don't seem like anybody cares either.

Should have hollered WHIP LASH while holding your lower back. That's usually enough to get the insurance company's attention for a fair property damage settlement.

It's their job to beat you out of money.

I have successfully argued for diminished value/diminution in value on two separate events where my wife was hit and it wasn't her fault. For both, the other party's insurance paid all costs, including our selection of the body shop and the use of only OEM parts. For the first accident in 2011, I paid a "diminished value" expert $300 to provide comparison info. For the second event, with a different insurance company, I used similar info from the first accident and created my own data. Between the two of them, was just over $5,500 in checks back to us. Luckily, both were leased Infinity G35 sedans and the lease contract simply said that they had to be repaired using OEM parts when turned in at lease end, so we were not required to disclose the accidents. Best deals ever made on leasing automobiles.

Back
Top Bottom