• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ding near crown of barrel

Bruce_Leroy

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
14   0
Reaction score
Ordered this barrel and when I pulled the rubber cap off the muzzle I noticed this ding. Would this be something to worry about? I reached out to the manufacturer they said it should be fine. Flash hider threads on fine.

Attachments

• 0CB3DE3B-8973-47DC-9B41-A299F560E391.jpeg
    0CB3DE3B-8973-47DC-9B41-A299F560E391.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 835C5E8B-06F9-4A85-A682-69650735B4C1.jpeg
    835C5E8B-06F9-4A85-A682-69650735B4C1.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 28
Just be real careful and file it down a tad so it doesn't interfere with flash suppressor, muzzle brake or silencer suppressor. It wouldn't take much. It's not actually on the crown just on the accessory threaded part of the barrel. No big deal. Just take as little as possible between fittings. However, if it doesn't interfere with install of muzzle brake or what ever accessory you have then don't worry about it. It definitely won't effect POI for that particular barrel. If it bothers you file it down. The barrel can live with it if you can.

If it is a new barrel from a manufacturer and you just aren't comfortable with it then ship it back and make them give you a new one and refund shipping both ways for you. It's it a pre-owned barrel and it was a great price then follow previous post.

If it is a new barrel from a manufacturer and you just aren't comfortable with it then ship it back and make them give you a new one and refund shipping both ways for you. It's it a pre-owned barrel and it was a great price then follow previous post.
I bought it new from a retailer because they were about $70 cheaper than the manufacturer. When I got the barrel in the mail I put the package in my safe without taking the barrel out. Now I’m out of the return period with the retailer. The manufacturer said it shouldn’t affect the accuracy and basically brushed it off. The flash hider threads on with no problem whatsoever so as long as it’s superficial I can live with it.

Back
Top Bottom