• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DirecTV / AT&T rant

Direct TV put my dish in my backyard near a TREE in the Spring. 3 months later the leaves grew and blocked the signal.
Direct wanted me to pay a service call. I told them the F off. Tossed their equipment and went with Dish. The send a bill now and then and a few months ago a Indian accented guy called trying to collect. I asked what account. He said AT&T. I started laughing and said ATT can go the Hello....last call I got.

I dropped DTV after 1 day. That's right, less than 24 hrs. Told them to get here and pick up their s**t. They sent me a $500 bill for breaking the contract. I waited them out and after 2 months I finally found a CS agent that agreed with me and waived the bill. F**K Direct TV. Rant over.

I've had DirecTV since 05 and never had a problem. I call every year when the discount falls off and the bill is usually $60. As for AT&T phone and internet, the prices are terrible and please pay cash for your phone unless you want to pay $350 a month for two phones and a tablet.

I've had DirecTV since 05 and never had a problem. I call every year when the discount falls off and the bill is usually $60. As for AT&T phone and internet, the prices are terrible and please pay cash for your phone unless you want to pay $350 a month for two phones and a tablet.
We paid off all of our phones and my wife’s Apple Watch and switched to cricket. After my work credit card pays $50 each month of my phone bill, my bill is $30 per month for unlimited everything. Sure internet is a little slower but it’s almost free phone service. Can’t complain.

What AT&T and Directv are good at doing is charging you for equipment you’ve already sent back after dropping them. They ship you a box pre-labeled, you send it back via (whatever delivery they choose) then when it gets to them, they let it sit in an office somewhere until your due date has come and gone. Then they hit you with a 200-300 charge including a late fee.

When we were having sooooo much trouble with both of them, the head AT&T internet tech told me they were selling off the Directv side. But they both suck.
AT&T got suckered when they bought DirectV. DirectV has been hemorrhaging customers for a decade and they just don't care - they said they like it that way. All they do is just raise prices on those who are stuck with them. I was with them in the beginning and for years until I got tired of paying $150/month for crappy spotty signal. I'm all streaming now and my overall bill is under half that, easy. And with talking my alarm company to install a cell link for nothing and reducing my bill I was able to just dump my landline altogether......that's another $40+ savings a month...

We ditched Direct Tv service got a ROKU after 20 years of being price gouged by Direct Tv, Love it!!!
They lost over 3 million customers in 2020....that's about 25% of their total subscribers. No wonder AT&T is dumping them. They paid $49+ billion for it in 2015 and have just cut a carve-out deal to tourniquet the DirectV wound for $16.25 billion....

Back
Top Bottom