• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Disney HRT/SWAT team?

rOmiLaYu

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
244   0
Reaction score
Prolegomenon: This may belong in Area 51 or Stupid Stuff....so take that for what you will.

The recent Disneyland fight that went viral was somewhat shocking to me...both on the level of violence that those poor children undoubtedly are subject to on a daily basis, but also at the somewhat appalling response time by Disney "security." As someone who has spent many, many hours in Orlando both visiting and working with the Mouse, I have always sort of wondered if there was a response team. Up until recently, metal detectors were not in use and the check in process isn't exactly top tier. I have been underground, I have been in a lot of places that the general public hasn't, and I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that there is a force on site to deal with anything on a large scale terror attack or something of that magnitude. With all the money that must flow through that place, I know that there have to be armed personnel somewhere on the campus, but I've never seen them....so, let's tinfoil. Does Disney have an armed police force or do they really trust their security measures that much to believe that there are no guns in the park?

We visited Disney 4 or 5 years ago and I was carrying concealed. No metal detectors back then.

I expect that they would have some kind of special SWAT team for special circumstances but maybe not.

We visited Disney 4 or 5 years ago and I was carrying concealed. No metal detectors back then.

I expect that they would have some kind of special SWAT team for special circumstances but maybe not.
I have carried concealed even after the metal detectors...they aren't for everyone, just the people who make eye contact with the guy running the machine. Stay grey, everything's OK.

Why would Disney want the liability of an armed response team? Imagine a Disnet SWAT sniper popping a few kids by accident. I would assume that is a local LEO responsibility.

Why would Disney want the liability of an armed response team? Imagine a Disnet SWAT sniper popping a few kids by accident. I would assume that is a local LEO responsibility.

I would assume that either the state or county already have a department inside Disney World. It has to be one of the largest targets in North America. Larges crowds every day. Yeah, the bad guys are looking at it.

Back
Top Bottom