• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Display your rights! Carry open! .............or maybe not.

Yeah, yeah. Like I said, give me a legitimate reason backing why OC is...

1. Responsible
2. Good idea.
3. Socially correct.
4. Tactically sound.

I will be back shortly. Light is dwindling and I own a large piece of property that doesn't take care of itself.

:)

Ok, just to put one more nail in the coffin for your pathetic arguments, I'll answer this.

1. Subjective. If nothing negative happens directly as a result of my action, I'd say that could count as "responsible".
2. Subjective. Based on my experience and ability to reason, I've come to the conclusion that it's a "good idea". You may come to another conclusion, and that's fine.
3. 99% of comments from people while I've OCed have been positive. If that's not an endorsement of "social correctness", I don't know what is.
4. While some may promote the "element of surprise" school of thought, I prefer the "deterrent" school of thought. And if I need to draw my weapon, I can do so faster if I don't have to throw my shirt out of the way first.

We had 1 HELL of an OPEN Carry today.......LEO did not even blink when he was surrounded by Wheel Guns and Semi Auto's.....no Tazers, no Handcuff's...just a very professional, polite, LEO. Did not even question anyone....

i52.tinypic.com_21mvnnd.jpg

i53.tinypic.com_243om84.jpg

i55.tinypic.com_akdht3.jpg

We had 1 HELL of an OPEN Carry today.......LEO did not even blink when he was surrounded by Wheel Guns and Semi Auto's.....no Tazers, no Handcuff's...just a very professional, polite, LEO. Did not even question anyone....
so, you didnt blade off and scream "AM I FREE TO GO" ?

Oh, don't get me wrong Steve D. Nobody said it was illegal, rather I stated that I think it is an overall bad idea and have given several reasons as to support my opinion, when all I have gotten in return for favor of OC is "Because I can".

PS, Why would he have questioned a bunch of gun guys back in a secluded pavilion?

My reasons for CC are personal...I CHOOSE to.

As for political reasons, well I think of it as advertising. Marlborro didn't sell smokes by having a wheezing asthmatic shilling for them. McDonalds doesn't serve millions by having, well ME pigging out on 2 big macs and a pound of fries, so do we really want me being the local posterboy for OC? Nah... Now you guys who people look at and WANT to be like..OC all day long bro's. You're our ambassadors out there.

I can understand CCW's thinking: Every incident in the news gives the gun haters more ammo to use against us.

In my town there's an intersection some people wanted to get a traffic light put in. The light would only serve to stop traffic on a 55 mile per hour road to allow one or two cars to putt out at their liesure. There was a stop sign there but the whiners wanted a red light. One day a guy pulled out at the stop sign in front of a semi. He died instantly. The whiners said "See, we need a traffic light to make the semi's stop". They won, but the arguement was crap. Red light doesn't make a car stop any more than red paint on a sign. The point is, whether right or wrong the people trying to FORCE us to live within their rules will sieze ANY excuse to make their will into law.

Having said that I can understand, I respectfully disagree that OC is a bad thing. I just think that if you choose to OC, you should make damn sure you are ready, educated and articulate. Every legally armed citizen has more responsibility than just self-defense. You are responsible to our community to ACT responsibly. And when you OC you will sooner or later be called upon to represent us all.

Nobody said it was illegal, rather I stated that I think it is an overall bad idea

cool. i know its not illegal, but I think its an overall bad idea to get up and go check your property at 8:50 in the evening, but hey, you dont see me starting goofy threads and whining on about it.

Back
Top Bottom