• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Display your rights! Carry open! .............or maybe not.

Actually, I am making a plea for logic and situational awareness/tactics among the general gun crowd but I have determined that there are more commando's than I anticipated.

we are all saying live and let live, and you keep prying at the issue. the only "commando" i see in this thread happens to have an eagle/flag avatar....

I won't join in the argument (as good as it is) but some of the arguments given against open carry are good indicators of how successful the left's campaign against personal liberty and freedom has actually been.
I understand the "logic" behind believing that open carry will result in more loss of rights. This logic is entirely based on the last (at least that I have witnessed) 3 decades of conditioning and gradual removal of freedoms and the fear that actually exercising them (our rights) will result in further erosion.
Look at how successful the left has been, using the man in the news story as an example, gentlemen:
A man who has broken no law, made no threats but exercised his constitutional, legal rights to keep and bear arms is treated like a common criminal; and is demonized as a nut job by both the left and the right, many of the latter who are "2nd amendment supporters". He was not even given the basic "innocent until proven guilty"; he was guilty until proven innocent. He is being persecuted and harassed plain and simple--that much should be obvious to everyone.
Even our enemies use this kind of stuff against us: "Even 2nd amendment supporters say we shouldn't allow open carry"
We are bleeding freedom and liberty profusely, my brothers. Let's support the constitution and FREEDOM where ever it is still allowed.

We need to start looking at the forest instead of the trees; before long the one tree we are staring intently at will be the only one left standing...for a moment.

there is no way to "logically" use your "logic". pun intended.....

I said [you] logically lose [my] logic against m but it's obvious that you cannot make that happen. Seriously man, this thread is WAY over your head. Please man, please. I've never really put anyone on my ignore list but I'd like to see how it works.

Last edited:
I understand the "logic" behind believing that open carry will result in more loss of rights. This logic is entirely based on the last (at least that I have witnessed) 3 decades of conditioning and gradual removal of freedoms and the fear that actually exercising them (our rights) will result in further erosion.

That has been my point from the beginning of all these "OC" threads. I am glad to see someone post something with supportive substance evenn though you don't wholeheartedly agree with my position.

While it is our right, the "open" portion may just be causing folks more trouble. CONCEL GUYS! -CCW

Interesting article.

Well here we go again!!! Somebody keeps trying to force their view down everyone's throat!!! Let it go, I could care less about you conceal carrying or open carrying. There are just as many stories about concealed firearms! Get over it, nobody cares! What kind of toilet paper do you use?

Well here we go again!!! Somebody keeps trying to force their view down everyone's throat!!! Let it go, I could care less about you conceal carrying or open carrying. There are just as many stories about concealed firearms! Get over it, nobody cares! What kind of toilet paper do you use?

I guess since it is a firearms based forum, the debate is deserving.

Got any examples of all of these stories about concealing? Before the night is out, I may head out to pick up the biggest OC holster I can find.

I said [you] logically lose [my] logic against m but it's obvious that you cannot make that happen. Seriously man, this thread is WAY over your head. Please man, please.
i feel that a grown man/womern with no criminal history and a weapons license should be able to carry in any manner he/she feels comfortable with. if that means that this thread is over my head, then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom