• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Display your rights! Carry open! .............or maybe not.

Interesting. I've seen you make 3 references to "Because I can". That, my friend, is a political statement. Love it or leave it.

I said "because I can" should be reason enough. It may be one reason. But it's hardly my primary reason, as I've also said several times.

Yes, but considering your Google efficiency, it shouldn't take you long to research.

lol, so it's not that you don't have it...you just don't want to share.

Well, as I said, I'd be skeptical of what the "experts" have to say, anyway, for the reasons I gave.

I am amazed that you even expect a response to your 4 elusive answers. Those aren't answers worthy of the time to respond.

lol, really?

So you can give the vague reason that it's not "responsible"...without giving any sort of indication how you define "responsible"...but when I come back with a very specific definition and how I think my open carrying fits it, I'm being "elusive"?

You can give the vague reason of it's not "a good idea", without anything to explain how you measure what a "good idea is"...but when I say that based on my experience and reasoning, it is a "good idea"...I'm being elusive"?

You can give the vague reason of it's not "socially correct"...but when I explain very specifically that I've gotten 99% positive responses from the public, so it's reasonable to conclude that it's pretty well "socially correct"...I'm being "elusive"?

You can say it it's not "tactically sound"...without really giving any sort of explanation of what that means...but when I specifically say that it acts as a deterrent and I'm able to draw my weapon faster without my shirt covering it...I'm being "elusive"?

Are you familiar with the game "I win"? The little kid played it with the cards in the movie Big Daddy. I think you're playing a version of it now.

What gave you the impression that I insinuated a draw. I simply said I enjoyed the spirited debate. There will be no victory or defeat here because you are insistent upon making a political statement....................because you can.

Yes, because I can...and for all the other reasons I gave...

Do you think you've been able to convince anyone that OC is a bad idea? Was that not your original goal here?

That's the worst cliche I have heard in a long time and amazingly enough, people default to it when they have nothing better to say. This isnt about division of the firearms community.

Yes, you have a point. Its not completely risk-free. However, the likelihood is much much lower.

Maybe. So? Based on my experiences, I'm far, far more likely to get rear ended while stopped in the middle of the road, resulting in my truck being totaled than I am to be harassed by a cop or another citizen.

I'll take those odds, thanks.

That's the worst cliche I have heard in a long time and amazingly enough, people default to it when they have nothing better to say. This isnt about division of the firearms community.

No...it's about you explaining why deterrence and a quicker draw are not logical responses to you saying OC is not "tactically sound".

Do you think you've been able to convince anyone that OC is a bad idea? Was that not your original goal here?

Not sure because you overwhelmingly trotted in like a mare in heat from the beginning as you did in the other CC/OC threads. Do you think you have rallied much support to OC?

Not sure because you overwhelmingly trotted in like a mare in heat from the beginning as you did in the other CC/OC threads. Do you think you have rallied much support to OC?

It's not my intention to rally support for OC, necessarily. But yes, based on some of the PMs and the responses here, I'd say that some people have, at the very least, accepted it as a legitimate option, even if it isn't their own choice. That's all I've ever asked.

Back
Top Bottom