• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Display your rights! Carry open! .............or maybe not.

Thanks. You re-confirmed by suspicions as well as my argument on OC. My argument is now complete.

Enjoy the article!

Ah, the old "declare victory and run away strategy"? Very nice.

Bottom line, you are unable to give a single example of a single right being lost due to open carry. While at the same time, I provided an example or a right being confirmed by open carry, right here in Atlanta.

If you can't think of a good reason to OC, fine, don't do it. No one is trying to convince you to. Just don't bring BS reasons as a reason NOT to do it.

I said concealed carry, not "raising a weapon at an officer". Nice try but no dice.

in the erik scott shooting, you have to read into a bit. if you read any articles from during the trial, and as the trial progresses, you start to learn that the police story changes, and that when the guy was shot, his gun had never left the holster.

my example is still valid.

Yeah, yeah. Like I said, give me a legitimate reason backing why OC is...

1. Responsible
2. Good idea.
3. Socially correct.
4. Tactically sound.

I will be back shortly. Light is dwindling and I own a large piece of property that doesn't take care of itself.

:)

1. Responsible
2. Good idea.
3. Socially correct.
4. Tactically sound.

I will be back shortly. Light is dwindling and I own a large piece of property that doesn't take care of itself.

lol, dude, what's so hard to understand about this? I don't have to convince you. I'm not trying to convince you. You made the claim that OC is a bad idea for all these reasons...and now when it comes down to it, you have nothing to back those reasons up.

Yeah, go take care of your land or whatever. Unless you're able to come back and provide something solid, don't worry about hurrying back.

1. Responsible
2. Good idea.
3. Socially correct.
4. Tactically sound.

1- i guess in its own way, its just as responsible as taking a chance of shooting your cock off because you were trying to hide a gun in your pants.
2- it is no better or worse an idea than conceal carry.
3- socially correct? define socially correct. seems like what might be socially correct at the gas station wouldnt be same thing that would be socially correct at a restaraunt.
4- i guess you have just as much chance of open carry being a deterrent as you do having some sort of surprise advantage by concealing. example - when im out open carrying, i have never, not once, heard someone say "he's got a gun, GET HIM!!!"

1- i guess in its own way, its just as responsible as taking a chance of shooting your cock off because you were trying to hide a gun in your pants.
2- it is no better or worse an idea than conceal carry.
3- socially correct? define socially correct. seems like what might be socially correct at the gas station wouldnt be same thing that would be socially correct at a restaraunt.
4- i guess you have just as much chance of open carry being a deterrent as you do having some sort of surprise advantage by concealing. example - when im out open carrying, i have never, not once, heard someone say "he's got a gun, GET HIM!!!"

I gotta say... I CC 99% of the time... and never once have I worried about shooting my "cock" off LOL

I gotta say... I CC 99% of the time... and never once have I worried about shooting my "cock" off LOL

Yes, but to use CCW's logic...it COULD happen, even if it never has, therefore, it's a reason not to do it.

But...just for fun...here's an example of it actually happening...a concealed carrier (ok, not a legal one, but still...) shoots himself in the groin while concealing his weapon.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,322848,00.html

Yes, but to use CCW's logic...it COULD happen, even if it never has, therefore, it's a reason not to do it.

But...just for fun...here's an example of it actually happening...a concealed carrier (ok, not a legal one, but still...) shoots himself in the groin while concealing his weapon.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,322848,00.html

Well im glad he did. He should not reproduce anyway!

Back
Top Bottom