• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Disturbing hunting video. Your thoughts?

I've blown the heart out of a deer and still had the thing run 50 yards or so. (note to self...quit using fail safe .308s for deer hunting)
Hogs are tough. If you can't handle the primal scene, get the hell off the village green.

Next time I bet he brings an AK. :pop2:

Piss poor shooting. Hog farms used .22 rimfires for a long time just have to shoot them in the head. But since these hogs aren't standing still, I believe i will opt for a 416 Remington or 458 winchester. It will at least quarter it for me.
:rolleyes:

I perfer, wait for it................... 375 H&H MAG. shot gutten cleaned and package all in one shot..... LMAO

I've not done a lot of hog hunting but have watched quite a few hunting videos. I certainly have seen quite a few do dirt donuts after having their skulls reamed out...but I don't recall the grunting. That what made me wonder if it was really dead or not? Would like to hear from folks with a lot of hog knowledge if they experience that a lot. You can see poor shot placement and I'll bet you anything the newbies were using fmj...

I hunt, but I use my SKS with baynet and my .45acp with wadcutters for added protection and penetration.

I will say this, I noticed the hunters were able to get right up on a hog, hogs have great smell and senses and they usually will not let you get within 100yrds unless your downwind and super quite, so I dont know if this hog was sick (early rabies) or what, but that seemed odd as I have seem .223's used to much success

I hunt, but I use my SKS with baynet and my .45acp with wadcutters for added protection and penetration.

I will say this, I noticed the hunters were able to get right up on a hog, hogs have great smell and senses and they usually will not let you get within 100yrds unless your downwind and super quite, so I dont know if this hog was sick (early rabies) or what, but that seemed odd as I have seem .223's used to much success

Or tamed

I watched this and it kinda made me mad. Im not a hunter. My question is, is the 5.56 just too small a caliber for hunting hogs of this size or are this guy just a crappy shot? Every hunter I know goes for the kill shot. Seems like the animal suffered more here than it should have. Or is this just one TOUGH hog?

Just wondering.....

looks fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom