• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Disturbing hunting video. Your thoughts?

That made me sick.....crappy shot placement it looked like and IMO a hog that size, should've used AT LEAST a .308 and aim for the head....what a tool.

It was all about the shot placement. I have heard of a hog shot and killed with a .22LR, one shot, with the right placement.

I watched this and it kinda made me mad. Im not a hunter. My question is, is the 5.56 just too small a caliber for hunting hogs of this size or are this guy just a crappy shot? Every hunter I know goes for the kill shot. Seems like the animal suffered more here than it should have. Or is this just one TOUGH hog?

Just wondering.....

This is not a good shooting sportsman. Wild Boar can be shot, especially in GA, legally, with a .22LR. It can be done, however, shot placement is very critical. This animal was done after the second shot was fired. It could have been nerves or what have you, however, it was not going to get up after the second shot, not was it going to live.

Last edited by a moderator:
O and most of mine only the first shot of each group is a proper placed shot .Every other shot is made with them running 40 mpg and very seldom do they need a second shot.If I was gonna shoot only once sitting sitting on my tail then I would go with a 308 ,but stalking at night walking across fields and shooting whole mags at a time then I will stick with my 223s for getting back on target faster ,and less weight.

was this video taken on one those farms where people pay to hunt the almost tame hog? That pisses me off. You can kill a hog with a .17 hmr, .22lr .223 anything with a well placed shot and QUICKLY, not just wound the hell out of it. Who aims through their optic at 1 yard away? PUT THE BARREL TO HER HEAD AND PUT THE HOG DOWN! He kept turning and asking his equally clueless friend what to do... At least they tried to kill it quick I guess. I've seen worse.

ya for real, why didnt he just bump 3 or 4 rounds into it at a time until it stopped moving at the least? that guy is a tard

Hogs are tough SOB'S! Theres a 300lber running around a hunting club in stewart county that was shot in the shoulder with a 300win mag and didnt die. Its been seen on camera since being shot. Shot placement is everything on them.

Same ole thing, it don't matter the Caliber if you can't hit A Kill Zone. At my Dad's store for years we'd see the same guys, same story every year during deer season. "I hit that deer at least 3 times and he still ran off". "Got the dogs to find him, and he had 3 holes blown straight through him." or "We found the "Blood Trail" but never found the Deer". On the Farm we'd kill around 5 hogs a year for Barbeque's, 4th July, and different occasions. I shot them all with a 22mag Ruger Single Six. Head shots all, and only once did I have to shoot 1 twice. Because he moved just as I fired. I personally take pride in the "One Shot One Kill" belief. I hunt with a .243 and have Never had a Deer move more than 5ft from where I hit'em.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom