• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ditch your current G19 for the gen5?

$475? it used to be $399........unless that includes night sights. I forgot how much that adds.

I saw a LEO purchase receipt on a Gen5 17 for $475 posted on IG and I'm pretty sure it had the new night sights from factory on it. It was like either Thursday or Friday afternoon when it posted

They upgraded more than the mag well, ambi slide stop, and finger grooves. They reworked the trigger spring, and reworked the safety plunger to a rectangular design. I'm very curious to see how this changes the trigger feel. I'm in no rush to get one, my gen 4s work fine, and are well broken in, I like the finger grooves, plus we are gonna have to wait another 6 months to a year for all the aftermarket stuff to go gen5, and then the gen 3 and 4 stuff will get even cheaper. All in all now is the perfect time to grab some gen 4s, especially when everyone starts dumping them on here for 4-450 (More like 650, like new, with home stipple job).

So im confused... Which Gen Glock is perfect? If its perfect why does it keep changing?

I dont have a G19 and Glocks dont have hammers so Im safe from temptation till I see a used one here stippled with $800 worth of slap on parts.

They upgraded more than the mag well, ambi slide stop, and finger grooves. They reworked the trigger spring, and reworked the safety plunger to a rectangular design. I'm very curious to see how this changes the trigger feel. I'm in no rush to get one, my gen 4s work fine, and are well broken in, I like the finger grooves, plus we are gonna have to wait another 6 months to a year for all the aftermarket stuff to go gen5, and then the gen 3 and 4 stuff will get even cheaper. All in all now is the perfect time to grab some gen 4s, especially when everyone starts dumping them on here for 4-450 (More like 650, like new, with home stipple job).

Best out of box dri fire trigger I have felt on glock is on my gen 5 19, have owned about 10 or more glocks . The trigger is a huge improvement , cleaner break point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never owned a Glock, but the Gen5 has more ambidexrtous features which is a plus to me. I didn't have a problem with the finger grooves though. I've only shot a Gen4 26 though, so I won't claim to have a lot of experience for comparison.

Back
Top Bottom