• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ditch your current G19 for the gen5?

To me a Gen 4 is perfect. If Gen 3 had the same frame as a Gen 4 it would be perfect (for 9mm anyway). But, I haven't held or shot a Gen 5 yet. I wouldn't ditch a great Gen 3 or a Gen 4.

Yesterday I shot a G19 Gen 4 and a Gen 5. My impression was - Not much difference. The Gen 5 was my brother's. He told me all about the more accurate barrel, etc.. I let him speak and enjoy his new toy. It feels like the grip may be just a little smaller and might be a bit more suited to a person with a small hand. I have no idea if that is indeed the case or not. The Ambi-slide release, to me, is a negative. No I am no southpaw. I Don't like 'em on a 1911 and don't like them on a Glock. To me the Gen 4 and Gen 5 are so close to the way they feel and shoot that you would need them side by side to tell any difference in the way they feel or shoot.

I finally got to handle a Gen 5 at the RK show this past weekend. I really wanted to love it, even like it, but my general reaction was...eh.

I did like the no finger grooves, but the cut out at the bottom of the grip was poorly done, IMO. Everything else was just Glock DNA.

Granted I haven't shot one, but I really didn't see the need to upgrade from a Gen 4.

What is it about the Gen 3 people like so much? I'm a gen 4 guy purely because I can reach the mag release a lot easier. Is there something a gen4 doesnt do as well as a gen3?

What is it about the Gen 3 people like so much? I'm a gen 4 guy purely because I can reach the mag release a lot easier. Is there something a gen4 doesnt do as well as a gen3?

Ive had both and can feel almost no difference.
I just like the pot metal finish better on the 3.

Back
Top Bottom