• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dixie Pawn Mableton attempted robbery

Dixie Pawn is a LONG time Mableton fixture. They were open for years by Bankhead Lanes, but after the bowling alley closed, they moved to White Columns shopping center.

The perps obviously didn't do much recon work. The guys at Dixie are very good dudes, but not the type of guys that you'd want to mess with. They run an honest, legit business. It's a real shame this happened anywhere, but especially to one of the last true mom and pop gun stores in south Cobb.

It breaks my heart what a cesspool Mableton has become. It was such a GREAT place to grow up. Those days are long gone.
I agree it was a great place to grow up in the good ole days......Now it's just known as deepest darkest Mableton.

I lived in Mableton 15yrs....my daughter still lives there. I bought/sold several guns to Jimmy when it was Dixie (beside the bowling alley).

The place definately has changed and not for the better. I blame the CCT lines. It has made it much easier for the seedy element to come to the metro area from Atlanta.

Excuse my racist remarks(someone will lable it that way anyway), they are truth.

I lived in Mableton 15yrs....my daughter still lives there. I bought/sold several guns to Jimmy when it was Dixie (beside the bowling alley).

The place definately has changed and not for the better. I blame the CCT lines. It has made it much easier for the seedy element to come to the metro area from Atlanta.

Excuse my racist remarks(someone will lable it that way anyway), they are truth.

Yep, use to live in Conyers about 16 years ago. It wasn't a bad city but then the city of Atlanta "renovated" the low income housing and built shiny new apartment homes for millennials and hipsters wanting that metro Atlanta vibe.

MARTA ended at Conyers and the housing was cheap. Crime escalated and it's not the same city.

Back
Top Bottom