• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DIY Feed Tube for Hornady Bullet Feed Die(s)

Clarke123

Default rank <4500 posts
Love Them UGA Dogs!
196   0
Reaction score
WAS: Cumming, GA NOW: Punta Gorda, Florida
Here's the Link to a 3 part series of YouTube Videos that may be of assistance to those who want to build their own feed tube (s) for their bullet feed dies. .

I'm going to build one for my Hornady LNL AP instead of buying a $300 whiz-bang-electric-gizmo from them!

Part one deals with "reaming out" a feed die so that you can feed lead projectiles, part two has more on the feed tube itself with
DIY construction and a template.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJro27cx0yA

Here's a source of clear plastic tubing that would provide a better alternative to PVC pipe.
31/64" OD would be ideal but 7/16" OD will fit into the mouth of my LNL .40 S&W and 9mm Bullet Feed Dies (if you add a turn or two of black electrical tape!)
However, you will need to have some kind of support for the fully loaded tube ... I'm thinking about a 1" "eyelit" from Home Depot.

Perhaps I can post "more" as I get mine put together ... as there doesn't seem to be anyone else on the forum that has interest.

BTW: If you are getting a new LNL AP, the proper PTX comes in the Bullet Feed Die package ... even their CS personnel were surprised!

Sadly, they could use a good marketing manager who knows what a "Focus Group" is .... Maybe the they will begin to address the accessories that this fine press deserves!

The 7/16"OD tube doesn't work for .40 S&W, it's too small for the projectiles ....
9 mm seems to fit OK though.

I'm still working this project... trying to find a better way to use the hot-water rated PVC pipe that you can easily get at Home Depot.
The pipe will work fine for .40 S&W as well as .45 ACP. The attachment to the feed die is the problem.

More, later

Back
Top Bottom