• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DIY vs Professional Detailing

That's the one, you know the previous owner, it seems ? :) Paint's good apart from a few scratches on the hood I think may buff out. I'm just a lazy car washer, but not keen on the machines either.

Yeah we talked for a while so he told me a lot about the car, besides he left the membership sticker on the windshield

I have heard and read that DCT is badass. I love the 6 speed in my wannabe M, (it's an M235i) but the autos are quicker and better gas mileage due to the 8 speed and the gearing. My car turns more than 1000 more rpm on the highway than my wife's 335i. I'm knocking down mid 20s mpg and she's knocking down mid 30s...

I was looking at the M235s when I couldnt find a decent M I like them and they dont look much smaller than the 3 series.

The E92 M3 gets horrid gas mileage. Like 18mpg average.

I was looking at the M235s when I couldnt find a decent M I like them and they dont look much smaller than the 3 series.

The E92 M3 gets horrid gas mileage. Like 18mpg average.

The 2 series isn't bad when it's just me or me and the wife. The 3 has more interior room everywhere and a larger trunk. Definitely more practical.

I REALLY want a new M3 but I can't justify that payment. Or afford it ATM. The 340 is available with the manual trans so I think I'm gonna get one of those when I trade this one in.

18mpg, ouch...Bbbbbbutttt that V8 though! :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

The 2 series isn't bad when it's just me or me and the wife. The 3 has more interior room everywhere and a larger trunk. Definitely more practical.

I REALLY want a new M3 but I can't justify that payment. Or afford it ATM. The 340 is available with the manual trans so I think I'm gonna get one of those when I trade this one in.

18mpg, ouch...Bbbbbbutttt that V8 though! :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

Yeah no way could I afford a new one. I thought about leasing a M4 but still didnt want to swallow that monthly note. Even a used M4 with decent mileage is out of my price range.

What engine is in the 340? I'm still getting use to their engine designations.

Yeah no way could I afford a new one. I thought about leasing a M4 but still didnt want to swallow that monthly note. Even a used M4 with decent mileage is out of my price range.

What engine is in the 340? I'm still getting use to their engine designations.

The 240, 340, 540 have an updated version of the 35s. New cam profile I think and 20ish more hp? They all have the inline 6 with the twin scroll turbo.

I go to global imports BMW . Their detail shop aint no joke. I do it twice a year and just spray it down in between when it gets nasty. The claybar allows the dirt to just fall off. This is what it looked like 2 months later and after a quick $2 dollar spray wash.
31416746_10211838746464258_7900496724814957053_n.jpg

I go to global imports BMW . Their detail shop aint no joke. I do it twice a year and just spray it down in between when it gets nasty. The claybar allows the dirt to just fall off. This is what it looked like 2 months later and after a quick $2 dollar spray wash.
View attachment 1620592

Looks like a 7 series? How much do they charge if you dont mind me asking? My main issue is timing. I really love working on and cleaning my cars but I dont have 4-6 hours to devote to full detailing a car.

Looks like a 7 series? How much do they charge if you dont mind me asking? My main issue is timing. I really love working on and cleaning my cars but I dont have 4-6 hours to devote to full detailing a car.

Yes , that is a 7 series :

They have different “spa” packages . It takes them 11 hours to do my car . Yes 11 . It also costs $500. While yes that is a lot , it protects my vehicle and since I need it for work ... all you tax payers are flipping that bill anyway.

They remove tar and road debris . The clay Fills imperfections in the paint and the detail job on the inside is nothing short of amazing . I also leave it there and get a loaner car . Mine is due on the 15th so it’s time again .

Back
Top Bottom