• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DNR phone call

Which has more effect on year to year recruit for deer and turkey?

• Total voters
As a professional trapper I can tell you without a doubt it is the massively high populations of coyotes and raccoons killing all the turkeys and eggs.
And it's the coyotes destroying our fawns.

The DNR will lie to you now about it, but they released coyotes around the flint river back in the early 90s.

This is their fault.

The DNR will lie to you now about it, but they released coyotes around the flint river back in the early 90s.

This is their fault.
I heard that the Dnr was doing a phone survey reference shorting Turkey season and reducing the bag limit I haven't received any call from them if so they didn't leave a message or number. ( MAIN REASON WE HAVE COYOTES TODAY IN GA IS FROM PEOPLE SELLING THEM TO FOX RUNNING PENS IN THIS STATE. THIS WAS THE THE START NO DNR HAS NEVER RELEASED ANY COYOTES BUT THEY DID AND STILL DO ALLOW THE SALE OF LIVE YOTES IN THE STATE FOR THAT PURPOSE UNLESS THAT POLICY HAS CHANGED WHICH WAS STUPID TO BEGIN WITH

I heard that the Dnr was doing a phone survey reference shorting Turkey season and reducing the bag limit I haven't received any call from them if so they didn't leave a message or number. ( MAIN REASON WE HAVE COYOTES TODAY IN GA IS FROM PEOPLE SELLING THEM TO FOX RUNNING PENS IN THIS STATE. THIS WAS THE THE START NO DNR HAS NEVER RELEASED ANY COYOTES BUT THEY DID AND STILL DO ALLOW THE SALE OF LIVE YOTES IN THE STATE FOR THAT PURPOSE UNLESS THAT POLICY HAS CHANGED WHICH WAS STUPID TO BEGIN WITH

I know what I saw.

I saw pics of it at sprewell bluff.

The things coming out of the trucks were coyotes, not dogs.. And they were DNR trucks.

I’m sure fox hunters were an issue too, but I absolutely saw clear pics of this-way before photoshop was around. I can’t remember the exact year, but there was a lyme outbreak in the area, and the deer population was high. I think they thought it would help with lyme.

Things turned out poorly. I’d lie about the release too if I were them.

It will take more than bows and rifles to get rid of coyotes. In addition, there isn't much motivation for trophys and meat. Who wants an ugly yote on the wall, or grilled yote legs?

Back
Top Bottom