• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

do all police LIE ?

do all police LIE ?

• YES

Votes: 90 67.2%
  • NO

Votes: 44 32.8%

• Total voters
YouTube - sort of a cesspit of info - tells people how to be disrepsectful of police officers while also staying wihtin the boundaries of the law. On the other hand, more and more videos are being added each month of police officers who abuse their position and abuse the general public, and the news outlets pick up on it. When was the last time you saw the media do a positive story on a police officer? They're rare, but stories of bad cops abound.

I agree with your post also. You HAVE to show respect. Although it is a 2 way street. If you don't show any, don't expect any. I have no problem with that.

You have to understand that LEO'S most of the time are dealing with bad people and need to be creative at times now with that being said creativity and a lie are very different

You have to understand that LEO'S most of the time are dealing with bad people and need to be creative at times now with that being said creativity and a lie are very different
so when a cop doesnt have a reason to search a car they have to lie to get consent, essentially making up a reason. so how do the police know who the bad people are? profiling? stereotypes? i mean if the cop has to lie to find out they are a criminal what does that say about innocent until proven guilty? or could we assume that all cops who use this tactic inherently think everyone is guilty unless they prove them to be innocent?

i think thats the problem more than anything

so when a cop doesnt have a reason to search a car they have to lie to get consent, essentially making up a reason. so how do the police know who the bad people are? profiling? stereotypes? i mean if the cop has to lie to find out they are a criminal what does that say about innocent until proven guilty? or could we assume that all cops who use this tactic inherently think everyone is guilty unless they prove them to be innocent?

i think thats the problem more than anything

I think you missed interpreted my point.... I am saying that its ok to be creative but its different to lie :)

I think you missed interpreted my point.... I am saying that its ok to be creative but its different to lie :)
no i get your point and i agree to an extent, its just that i dont see the difference between being creative and a liein that situation. but then again it is up to the public to know the laws i suppose so they dont get taken advantage of

Back
Top Bottom