• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

do all police LIE ?

do all police LIE ?

• YES

Votes: 90 67.2%
  • NO

Votes: 44 32.8%

• Total voters
I used to be a cop. The small town I worked in (the sphincter of this great state) had the most honest, and the most dishonest cops I ever met. You will get that everywhere you go. I promise.

The Supreme court has upheld the police can(and do) Lie during a investigation.

Keep that in mind when they come into the interogation room and turn on the bright lights and tell you..
" we have found the murder weapon(they havnt)
"Your fingerprints are all over it(they arent)
'We have a eye witness that places you at the scene(they dont)

Police CAN legally..and DO routinely....Lie.

My advice?..never..never talk to the police..about ANYTHING.(period)..Nothing beyond name,rank and serial number and the words "I now request council with a Attorney.

Keep that in mind when they come into the interogation room and turn on the bright lights and tell you..

My advice?..never..never talk to the police..about ANYTHING.(period)..Nothing beyond name,rank and serial number and the words "I now request council with a Attorney.
very GOOD advice! Everything you said can and does happen daily.

police can lie and as a citizen you have the right to not engage them in extended dialogue

so yes excellent advice, when talking to a cop assume he is lieing and be quiet lol

Bottom line is that you're going to have a few scumbags, a few completely honest people, and a bunch that fit somewhere inbetween. That goes for cops and the public. Cops assume, until shown otherwise, that everyone they meet is in the scumbag category. I don't see the problem with those of us in the public doing the same thing.

Bottom line is that you're going to have a few scumbags, a few completely honest people, and a bunch that fit somewhere inbetween. That goes for cops and the public. Cops assume, until shown otherwise, that everyone they meet is in the scumbag category. I don't see the problem with those of us in the public doing the same thing.

And we agree again. Thanks.

I am a lawyer, I've done criminal defense, and I couldn't say it any better. To paraphrase trckdrvr, everyone should take seriously the Miranda warning that "anything you say can and will be used against you."

Well, if you are one of the unfortunate few who gets caught in a cops lie, then your are between a rock and a hard place. On one hand they are a sworn law officer and once they make a decision, what they testify to in court is gospel. If they have any other "evidence" like inaccurate radar/laser or just a made up lie, then you must pay up..whether you are in the right or wrong. All I can say for sure, is that Barrow county has not gotten any of my hard earned dollars since late 2009. And I spread the word to anyone who will listen. As they say, bad news travels fast.

Back
Top Bottom