• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

do all police LIE ?

do all police LIE ?

• YES

Votes: 90 67.2%
  • NO

Votes: 44 32.8%

• Total voters
only time ill ever really need a cops help is when for them to drag my corpse off the street after i lost in a gun fight. to be perfectly frank, we need law enforcement, thats cool. i respect the police as i respect any other human being (on merit). so they can do what they do.........the hell away from me. cops make me uneasy and i dont like being around them because a good number (not even the majority, but enough for me to be wary of them) have this macho cowboy attitude. ive never been arrested, and i dont plan on it (why i stay out of their way)

to put it simply, every time a cop has ever been involved with my life something bad has happened (not saying they caused it, but they were there)

i personally have never had a cop help me, the most any of them have ever done for me was take a report for stolen property.

the main reason cops are around is because being a vigilante will get someone 15 to life, and they are needed......but it doesnt mean i have to like them (alot like taxes)

for all law enforcement out there. you are just citizens employed by the states. i understand you have to do deal with the scum of society on a daily basis, but thats what you signed up AND GET PAID FOR. i and everyone else dont owe you a thing for doing what you get paid to do (thats the attitude most folks who have a problem with LEO's have i figure)

lieing is cool, honestly its fine with me. if someone is stupid enough to trust you guys thats on them. and im glad you get those stupid criminals off the streets. but dont sit there with a straight face and tell me that hassling people and arresting folks and ticketing people for a bit of pot, or a minor traffic infraction, or serving a warrant because someone missed jury duty is protecting anyone or anything other than the interests of the government

to protect the government and serve warrants

and if you dont like my opinion, sorry, its mine and its based on what i see on a day to day basis. so, ill say it again. i dont have a problem with cops honestly, i have a problem with the system, and when a cop is just "doing their job" they might as well be a robot representing a faceless and often unelected bureaucratic system i and lots of other people seem to get reamed out by all the time

all im gonna say on this matter anymore. so the next time you think that im going to call you because i want to, i do it because i have to as a law abiding citizen.

^^^ this

What gets me here is that everyone that condones lying assumes that only guilty people get arrested. They are okay with it since it benefits them. You want to search my stuff, get a warrant. Want to question me, either have reasonable suspicion, arrest me and then ask my lawyer.

Again, LEO's don't stop you in your car because they want to talk to you. They don't knock on your front door because they want to say "hi". They are interacting with you because they don't like something about you, you are already in a negative light in their eyes. Their job is to find criminals, they don't prevent crime, they investigate it. Lying to you makes it easy for them to investigate because they don't need any physical (real) evidence. EVERYTHING you say can and WILL be used AGAINST you. Yes they will use bits and pieces of what you say against you and out of context if need be. If you are caught in ANY lie to an LEO they will paint you as a liar in front of a jury. Remember the LEO is already seen as honest and upstanding in the eyes of the jury. You are the defendant so you already have to dig yourself out of the hole. Family members are suspects too, no one is beyond suspicion in an investigation.

This thread also makes it seem like LEO's have a super high crime investigation solved rate. How many people really get their stolen stuff back? What percentage of murders are actually solved? Let alone get a real conviction?

If anything I say here is untrue please point it out to me.

I've already expressed my perspective on the OP and some of the cop hate too. But, I will throw the skunk on the table so to speak. Are some officers arrogant? YES. Do some officers have the personalities of robots? YES. Are there corrupt cops? YES. But you could change the word "officer" in the above questions with any other occupation or title and the answers would still be YES. I would defend you right to say no to a request for consent to search, your right to be armed, to refuse to be questioned without counsel, and to have your opinion just as vigorously as I would go after a criminal. I don't blame anyone for not trusting facets of dis functional government, heck I'll join you there. I don't want or feel I am owed any special thanks for being a cop. I am a citizen always and only a cop until i retire. Do I think writing a bunch of traffic tickets are as important as solving crimes and arresting the suspects? NO. But you'd be surprised how many of those speed traps occur because of complaints through political channels by your fellow citizens. As far as cops statistics being successful with investigations, that varies and depends on a lot of factors. But i will say this, i was a burglary/ theft detective for a year and my solved case rate was 68 percent. The department I am part of has a rate of solved homicides of around 98-97 percent. I know cops that are robotic, and some that are arrogant. But I know more that are some of the most selfless and finest people I know. I'm not going to hold it against you if you opt not to talk to me. But there is one thing I will ask you to consider, don't judge the next cop you see just because he has a badge. He may not be robotic or arrogant or corrupt, he/she may just be a fellow citizen who is one of the most selfless and honorable people you've ever met. Some of us do actually just talk to people casually and other than interviews or interrogations.

I've already expressed my perspective on the OP and some of the cop hate too. But, I will throw the skunk on the table so to speak. Are some officers arrogant? YES. Do some officers have the personalities of robots? YES. Are there corrupt cops? YES. But you could change the word "officer" in the above questions with any other occupation or title and the answers would still be YES. I would defend you right to say no to a request for consent to search, your right to be armed, to refuse to be questioned without counsel, and to have your opinion just as vigorously as I would go after a criminal. I don't blame anyone for not trusting facets of dis functional government, heck I'll join you there. I don't want or feel I am owed any special thanks for being a cop. I am a citizen always and only a cop until i retire. Do I think writing a bunch of traffic tickets are as important as solving crimes and arresting the suspects? NO. But you'd be surprised how many of those speed traps occur because of complaints through political channels by your fellow citizens. As far as cops statistics being successful with investigations, that varies and depends on a lot of factors. But i will say this, i was a burglary/ theft detective for a year and my solved case rate was 68 percent. The department I am part of has a rate of solved homicides of around 98-97 percent. I know cops that are robotic, and some that are arrogant. But I know more that are some of the most selfless and finest people I know. I'm not going to hold it against you if you opt not to talk to me. But there is one thing I will ask you to consider, don't judge the next cop you see just because he has a badge. He may not be robotic or arrogant or corrupt, he/she may just be a fellow citizen who is one of the most selfless and honorable people you've ever met. Some of us do actually just talk to people casually and other than interviews or interrogations.
i dont judge cops, i judge the people the work for

which is why i want nothing to do with them on a professional level (and by professional i mean anything they could do within the scope of their employment to me)

i know i said that was my peace, but just wanted to clarify my position. its not the individual cop i dont like, its what they represent

Back
Top Bottom