• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

do all police LIE ?

do all police LIE ?

• YES

Votes: 90 67.2%
  • NO

Votes: 44 32.8%

• Total voters
Kornbread I see we agree but just are approaching it from two different directions. I was not trying to be holier than anyone just wanted you to know that there are good people in LE that do want the bad apples out. And I know there are some. And some of us have taken steps to remove some of those bad apples when we could.

Have you built your glass house yet? If so, make sure you gather the stones from the yard before cutting the grass.

My point being, LEO's are people, the same as Joe Q Public, therefor they are subject to the same shortcomings as the rest of us. Give us a rope, and we will wanna be a cowboy.

We're from the government and we're here to help.

Those have to be the 8 most frighting words ever formed in to a sentence.

I know there are a lot of good folks in LE, and you will notice I never said all, and that I said a few bad ones spoil it for the whole.

My trust issues also extend far beyond LEO's, I really don't trust anyone, in my line of work it pays not to. I actually have quite a few friends in the LE world, and I wish them and all the best. That being said I also hear the stories they tell and sometimes we have these same discussions amongst ourselves, I tell them the same things I have posted here. I'm just glad we have a place to discuss such issues.

Innocent until proven guilty is complete BS.
Only thing that matters is who you are and who's looking out for you. You can get away with most anything if the right people are there to cover your ass. The shame is the innocent are most likely the ones to catch the flak. Criminals don't need and don't care about laws. Laws are for the innocent and victims.

I am a cop. Have I lied to suspects as a tactic to gain evidence from them. Yes. I'm talking about making them believe I know something that I really don't that makes them feel they can't successfully lie to me. When I wore a uniform and made traffic stops and dealt with joe citizen on a daily basis did I lie? No. Do I lie off duty? No. Do I lie to cover up anything I've done? No. Will I lie for another cop? No. No one wants dishonest cops busted more than I or the cops I call friend and brother. Unlike many cops it doesn't bother me for good citizens to be armed. I have supported their rite to do so over and over. I have know of a few times when good citizens came to the aid of a lone officer struggling with a suspect. Good citizens and cops should be on the same side, or so I thought. Have I ever briefly inconvenienced a good citizen because of an unusual and tense situation combined with the fact I didn't know if he was a good citizen or a bad one? Yes. As soon as I could determine they were a good one the went on their way with an explanation, apology, and my respect. One thing that stands out in many comments in this thread to me is that cops should never lie to a suspect because that is stooping to their level. This tells me those people, while having ideals to be admired, have no idea of reality. They have never dealt with a calm, smooth talking suspect that can woo a beast but only hours before murdered or raped someone. They have never stopped to check in what appears to be a stranded motorist only to have a gun stuck in their face and have to fight for their life. I have a feeling that the people who shout the loudest about being inconvenienced by cops will be the first to call them because their neighbors are playing loud music. I have work hard and honestly for 22 years as a cop. I have met many fine people, I have made many friends, I have arrested many criminals who no doubt consider me their enemy. I have used restraint at times of arrest knowing the arrestee showed no such mercy to their victim. I have privately wept for the brutalized victims I have seen, many of them women and children. I have to use caution with anyone until I am satisfied the are a good guy because the boogeyman will disguise himself as an angel, but in the end I always considered good citizens to be on my team. Either this forum has more than its share of bad guys and radicals or I have been wrong all of these years. I am a good, hard working, underpaid (but the money ain't why I do it) and honest cop and I know many more just like me. I am offended to be counted as a crooked cop because of a few.

I 100% love your post. Thank you. That is the type of reply I can respect. Thank you for your service.

Back
Top Bottom