• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do Not Use Reloads in Glocks???

I used Ga Arms in my 40 cal Glock several years ago. The first time I had a case blow out I took the gun to Glock. They cleaned it up said nothing was wrong with the gun and told me to not shoot anything but new ammo. The second time it happened I traded the gun and now shoot a 1911. Google "exploding Glock" and see how many sites there are vs "exploding 1911" NONE. I know there tons of reloads shot in Glocks without a problem. I just didn't have a good experience, twice. I have never had a problem with reloads in my 1911's. A weak case will cause a problem in any gun, but Glocks seem to have more than their share.

I saved the brass and tried to post a picture of them but can't get it to post.

The first one I had in 1998 was a piece of junk. I would have never got a newer one but it came with my 500 S&W for $99. It works fine no problems. Do get me wrong I carry a glock and a XD. But the Sigma works fine for a backup truck gun or something to take to the range.

From my previous Glock

i54.tinypic.com_33li73o.jpg

First of all, the Glock does not completely support the chamber area, so if you shoot max reloads out of it, it's highly possible that it will blow the case! I have shot roughly 2,500 reloads out of Glocks, with out a blowout. If you load your own bullets, run them at about half load, not min. but not the max either.

Secondly.....NOT THAT I AM A BIG FAN OF THE SIGMA, but all of you say they are POS's....what about the FIRST gen sigmas....you know the one's Glock suied them over, cause you could swap the complete tops of compairable models.(..ie.. the sigma 40 to a Glock 22, etc)...oh yea, ALSO THE FACT THAT YOU COULD INTERCHANGE THE BARRELS(as I currently have a S&W barrel in my Glock 22), GUIDE RODS, AND SOME SMALL PARTS, ETC....SO IF A FIRST GEN SIGMA IS A POS, A GLOCK MUST BE TOO, RIGHT....I'M THINKN NOT!!!

THE FIRST GEN SIGMA'S WILL DO EVERYTHING A GLOCK WILL, EXCEPT BLOW THE BOTTOM OF THE CASE OUT OF A HOT LOADED BULLET!!!!

I AGREE WITh GRUB MASTER....YOU CAN'T YOUTUBE A 1911 EXPLODING!!!!

Back
Top Bottom