• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you agree with the court?? Open Carry

Lax, are you a lawyer or a LEO? Have you been on YouTube yet while open carrying?
No and no. I only OC a Glock 33 from time to time and my work has kept me pretty close to police in the areas I frequent who 99% of the time are reasonable people who want to follow the rule of law in their job. I think you guys are hung up that this guy is a jackass and not really looking at the law here.

I don't give a **** if your wearing big floppy shoes and a red nose that honks. I also couldn't care less if the whole gun is candy apple red with hot pink polka dots...if you're sportin' an AK and scaring the hell out of people don't be surprised if a cop askes you about it.

I know this is a tuff concept but being a dumbass has consequenses. If a simple little Q&A session is all, be ****ing happy.

I guess our definition of Q&A is different. questioning and "detainment and search" seem fairly different to me.

OP said he was
For about an hour the police kept him at the location(uncuffed but also stripped of his legal weapon) but released him when a different officer confirmed that a Draco was in fact a pistol.

Not much of a search when the weapon in question was plainly visible. I didn't read that he was thorwn to the ground, patted down, stripped and body cavity searched...etc. In fact I read specifically that he was "uncuffed but also stripped of his legal weapon". I see nothing unreasonable about LEO, holding on to that while in the part of an encounter that historicaly has the highest likelyhood of becoming confontational. Maybe it was inconvenient for the idiot to be detained an hour while clarification was sought(again, would be better if the LEO's were better informed for sure), but since he went out armed as he did specifically to instigate an encounter, I have ZERO sympathy for this jackasses concevenience.

These morons think that their right to carry is the only right that matters. They are selfish and short sighted. They forget that other people have the right to enjoy their lives as well.

Here's the issue, you keep acting as though he committed a crime. Fire in a movie theater IS illegal, what he did is not. If orange tips on real guns were illegal this would be easy. He wasn't charged with anything.

you're right lax, but idiots like this keep doing stupid ****, then open carrying an ak will be illegal.

OP said he was

Not much of a search when the weapon in question was plainly visible. I didn't read that he was thorwn to the ground, patted down, stripped and body cavity searched...etc. In fact I read specifically that he was "uncuffed but also stripped of his legal weapon". I see nothing unreasonable about LEO, holding on to that while in the part of an encounter that historicaly has the highest likelyhood of becoming confontational. Maybe it was inconvenient for the idiot to be detained an hour while clarification was sought(again, would be better if the LEO's were better informed for sure), but since he went out armed as he did specifically to instigate an encounter, I have ZERO sympathy for this jackasses concevenience.

These morons think that their right to carry is the only right that matters. They are selfish and short sighted. They forget that other people have the right to enjoy their lives as well.

Who had their "right to enjoy their life" violated?

It's a-Holes like "P" that do this crap to gain attention and a lawsuit to in hopes of money that are ruining it for the law abiding citizens legally carrying. Too bad he didn't "resist". Granted he didn't break any laws but he was seeking attention and he got it, unfortunately it's the attention of another brick that's taken away in the dismantling our 2nd amendment right.

Last edited:
It's a-Holes like "P" that do this crap to gain attention and a lawsuit to in hopes of money that are ruining it for the law abiding citizens legally carrying. Too bad he didn't "resist".

IIRC, this is the same guy that openly carried a Draco into the airport a while back. Before that, there was some confusion about whether the new law that had just been passed really meant one could carry (oc or cc) into the unsecured area of the airport. Well, he did it, no one stopped him, he had lunch, and went on his way. Now we know that the law really means what it says and that it will be enforced as it's written.

Here's the thing about those "a-Holes"...they do what others are scared to do so that we really know the extent of our rights, not in theory but in practice. And if you start getting down on them, start supporting the cops when they harass them, you're giving up the right to appeal to your rights when it's you they are harassing. And guess what? If you let them get away with harassing the "a-Holes", then who's going to stand up when you're the one getting harassed?

IIRC, this is the same guy that openly carried a Draco into the airport a while back. Before that, there was some confusion about whether the new law that had just been passed really meant one could carry (oc or cc) into the unsecured area of the airport. Well, he did it, no one stopped him, he had lunch, and went on his way. Now we know that the law really means what it says and that it will be enforced as it's written.

Here's the thing about those "a-Holes"...they do what others are scared to do so that we really know the extent of our rights, not in theory but in practice. And if you start getting down on them, start supporting the cops when they harass them, you're giving up the right to appeal to your rights when it's you they are harassing. And guess what? If you let them get away with harassing the "a-Holes", then who's going to stand up when you're the one getting harassed?

If he'd just been conceal carrying and not seeking attention like the group out there that wants a confrontation with Law Enforcement there wouldn't be any issues. I'll appeal MY right when it comes into question and itshould be that way on a case by case basis. All these people seem to be doing is creating a division between LE and law abiding firearm owners.
If he'd not been seeking the attention then none of this probably wouldn't be an issue, but he did and it is.

I'm not defending or crucifying, I'm pointing out that these people seeking a confrontation with LE are causing problems that didn't exists before. Now the next person who's just trying to be cool and on their merry way will catch flak because now these Rangers are probably pissed off.

Just to point out many people who get into ant type of L.E. today are not "gun" people. Many of them only own the department issue firearm and only fire it during qualification. So having them identify a weapon by sight is really a stretch. Not saying that they shouldn't be able to. As an instructor in firearms qualification at the academy I saw many people coming through to be certified that had never fired a gun prior to the academy. The vast majority of folks that flunk the academy fail firearms or evoc.

Hey, I don't get it either. When I started we were predominately former military or old country boys who grew up shooting.

BTW some gang members have taken to painting the muzzles of their weapons orange to attempt to get officers to hesitate or misidentify real guns as toys. Guess we all have to err on the side of caution.

Back
Top Bottom