• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you agree with the court?? Open Carry

That don't bother me nor prevent me from doing it since it is in fact LEGAL for me to do so.

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing you on youtuube. Because from all your BS that you have tossed on this thread, you strike me as one of those types of people. Let us know when you get your 15 seconds of youtube fame.

Gotta love it.

The question was about the COURT not the guy with the firearm nor the Rangers.

The Rangers had already talked to the guy and the guy had answered them cordially and even told them where his automobile was. IF they felt the need to draw down on the man why did they not do so at that time? They let him roam the park freely and waited for him at his auto?

It wasn't about whether you think the guy was a jerk or looking for a confrontation or if you think a person ought to be allowed to carry a firearm openly.

If I was trying to be confrontational when I carry I can pretty much gurantee you that the several police officers who have seen me would have confronted me already. Do you believe everyone who wears camo or carries is trying to be confrontational?

The court was right on with their ruling. As far as what ppl wear, I think Ken said it best. I grew up in a small Alabama town, camo and guns was and is an everyday thing so what they wear doesn't bother me. But, answer this, was that guy looking for trouble? Was this idiot looking to get into a confrontation with the law?

I would say he was. Does that mean everyone who carries or carries openly is? Or does that mean everyone who is doing something that someone else finds stupid is looking for a confrontation?

I would say he was. Does that mean everyone who carries or carries openly is? Or does that mean everyone who is doing something that someone else finds stupid is looking for a confrontation?

Thank you! So, ol boy was wrong and the judicial system saw the same thing that we did, therefore their ruling was just. No most that carry openly arent out being stupid, but just like anything that is good, there are that few that try and screw it up. THAT, is what the problem is.

That is not quite what the ruling was in my opinion. Seems to me that a ruling like this leads to anyone carrying and wearing camo as being perfectly fine to have firearms pointed at them and being ordered to hit the ground.

Well, if youre gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough. He should have been advised of what might happen to him when he went out on his quest for youtube glory. But, guess what.......it doesnt matter what we think..........we are not the judges who basically said he was looking for trouble. Your action as a person carrying a weapon, will reflect on others. It has been said numerous times on here, he (and all the other retards that try and provoke LEO's) makes all of us law abiding firearms owners (CC, OC and any other C) look bad. So what youre saying is that if a LEO comes up on someone carrying a weapon, he shouldnt draw down on him? I would, I have and I will continue to "draw down" on someone with a firearm or any other weapon. There is NO law saying when a LEO can and cant draw his weapon. I dont give a rats butt at that point about someone, I am going home to my family and could care less if they do or not. I can always lower my use of force or raise it.

Thank you! So, ol boy was wrong and the judicial system saw the same thing that we did, therefore their ruling was just. No most that carry openly arent out being stupid, but just like anything that is good, there are that few that try and screw it up. THAT, is what the problem is.

You have a total lack of understanding if the federal court system. Their decision isn't simply if they thought his actions were wrong, it is if the search and detainment was legal. All other courts will use this case to determine if a search and detainment is legal in regards to OC incidents

Therefore you may see that carrying a gun too big, wrong colors, or wearing the wrong cloths while carrying will subject you to search and detainment.

Unlike Mdogs assertion that he was not detained the court clearly states he was detained since the decision justifies detainment and search.

I hope there is more to this when I get a chance to read the full decision. It simply sets a bad standard.

The cop in the gsg mp5 video was fairly legal and did not detain or search, both guns are large pistols with SBR big brothers.

You have a total lack of understanding if the federal court system. Their decision isn't simply if they thought his actions were wrong, it is if the search and detainment was legal. All other courts will use this case to determine if a search and detainment is legal in regards to OC incidents

Therefore you may see that carrying a gun too big, wrong colors, or wearing the wrong cloths while carrying will subject you to search and detainment.

Unlike Mdogs assertion that he was not detained the court clearly states he was detained since the decision justifies detainment and search.

I hope there is more to this when I get a chance to read the full decision. It simply sets a bad standard.

The cop in the gsg mp5 video was fairly legal and did not detain or search, both guns are large pistols with SBR big brothers.

Really?????? I dont? Hmmmmmmm seems like Ive been there a few times. As far as a bad standard goes, it wouldnt be a question if these idiots wouldnt taunt the police and try to be confrontaional and stir crap. So, IMO the ones to blame are the retards who want their youtube fame.

Lax I'm proud of you. You are asking all the right questions.

Leonard should not have brought this lawsuit, I do feel his rights were violated, but he was pushing all the edges. It's his nature. As someone said "Interesting hobby this guy has
probably not as dangerous as hang gliding, but close."

All other courts will use this case to determine if a search and detainment is legal in regards to OC incidents
I don't think this case will be quoted case law on that.

Here is the opinion:
http://www.ca6.uscourts.gov/opinions.pdf/12a0293p-06.pdf

Want to hear a funny story? The range I go shoot at a lot is inside a national Forrest. The first sign you see says welcome to talladega national Forrest no fire arms allowed. The second sign says Henry creek shooting range this way. Always scratch my head as I go shoot.

Want to hear a funny story? The range I go shoot at a lot is inside a national Forrest. The first sign you see says welcome to talladega national Forrest no fire arms allowed. The second sign says Henry creek shooting range this way. Always scratch my head as I go shoot.

Old sign...think pre-2009. Contact them and ask them to change it as it causes confusion.
Shoal Creek Ranger District
45 Highway 281
Heflin, AL 36264
256-463-2272

Shoal_creek@fs.fed.us

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/f...ational%20Forests%20in%20Alabama-%20Districts

Back
Top Bottom