• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you call out people pointing a gun at you?

gyppo

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
NRA Instructor
173   0
Reaction score
Was at a gun store Saturday, had a guy walk up with a gun wrapped in a cloth. I could see the hammer on the revolver and he was clearly pointing the muzzle at me and a few other people. I kept stepping away from where he was pointing the muzzle until I heard him say that it was loaded. I asked him not to point it at me any more, in a nice tone. He started pointing it down but still at my feet and said he was not pointing it at me in not a polite tone.
We had a few back and forth comments until a nice guy, said he would stand in front of me.
I gave it up at that point.
I am more careful than most. I have had three close calls with the public on NDs and one instance where a guy shot himself with an ND.
I would normally just leave but I had driven to the shop for a specific purchase.

I was wondering how other people handle issue where people carelessly point a gun at them.

I had a nitwit point his Ruger 22 handgun at me (absent mindedly I'm sure) while I was taking him to task over using range furniture as a target stand. On the second sweep, I just told him, "If you point that pistol at me one more time, I can promise you aren't going to like what I will do with it." He stopped.

Back
Top Bottom