• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you call out people pointing a gun at you?

I met a guy to buy a pistol and he handed it to me and never said a word about it being loaded. I racked it back and a boolit popped out ! I gave him a WTF look and he said, oh yeah it's loaded....

I don‘t know the entirety of the situation, so I won’t comment on it.

I will say that it can be difficult, if not impossible, at some gun shops to find a “safe” place to point a firearm.

For folks that CCW, we point firearms at ourselves and others throughout the day. I don’t have a laissez-faire attitude about firearms safety, and we should minimize pointing a firearm at others as much as possible, but it is a fact that it happens when carrying a firearm.

Anyone that says they carry, and have never “lasered” themselves or others, is lying.

I don't have these type of problems at the many gun stores in my area or at the range I shoot at. People seem to be knowledgeable and use common sense. Plus the guys behind the gun counter have people trained on do's and don'ts.

I would not have a problem with redirecting someone.

Yes, I will say something --politely-- pointing out the idea of muzzle discipline.
Often with a suggestion:
"straight up at the ceiling,
or straight down at the floor."

Yes, I've also the one to let the barrel of an unloaded gun that I was handling at the Gun Show or a gun store counter sweep across somebody's waist or thighs.

Although I started out pointing the weapon downward, I wasn't pointing downward enough, and as people move around the gun store and you step to the side to let some guy eyeball the gun on the counter next to you or the clerk steps to his right because some other clerk needs to use the cash register to ring up a sale... so instead of me pointing it at the second shelf from the bottom where the 30-30 hunting rifle shells are kept, now I'm pointing it at the leg of the guy who's showing me the gun.

Back
Top Bottom